Do you request an upsell call from your PVP or TA?

Nunu

It seems like many on here post that they dream of having an upsell (seems like upgrades have pretty much disappeared) call. For those that would like this: Why don't you make it known to whoever you've booked the cruise with that you're in the market for it? Or have you?

I have, and my PVP says she noted it on my booking. But to be honest, I havent heard of anyone else on the cruises Im booked with thru Carnival, those cruises, no one else on my roll call posted they got upsell calls either. The cruise I booked thru a TA folks got upsell calls, but none of the ones I booked thru Carnival ... so I suspect they werent available.

I have, and my PVP says she noted it on my booking. But to be honest, I havent heard of anyone else on the cruises Im booked with thru Carnival, those cruises, no one else on my roll call posted they got upsell calls either. The cruise I booked thru a TA folks got upsell calls, but none of the ones I booked thru Carnival ... so I suspect they werent available.

Do you agree that it seems like a lot of people on here aren't pro-active and it would make sense to make it known that they are willing to look at an upsell? I don't think it would hurt the deal that would be offered (if any).

lol so far it hasnt helped being pro active either ... did you read my thread, Im looking if anyone has been able to upgrade to a guarantee rate that was cheaper if they were booked ES. ... I have yet to even get one price drop ... for a whole variety of excuses.

I cant be much more pro active --- you know me, and it doesnt seem to help a bit. They go down the list. I have 6 Carnival cruises this year, you would think that would sway them, nope. I havent won any battles with Carnival this whole year. I booked a OV knowing it would be a balcony on Ecstasy, they said pay more, or we will move you, even they they allowed me to select the cabin and agreed to the price .... on and on.

Thats why I know so many rules .... I keep banging my head on one after another.

I seem to have found a new rule, you cant upgrade to a higher category guarantee, if it means you would get OBC. I was told originally .... you can always upgrade ... but now they arent allowing it because they would owe me $60.

I dont know how to be more pro active to get a upsell. Believe you me Iv tried. I would love a upsell.

So, did the wife use the golf club to throttle him or to break the back window and pull him thru (no answer why she didnt break his window - wouldnt that have been easier) .... sorry, not to hijack your thread.

btw my PVP even knows and trained someone who works in upsell and even that doesnt help.

I got the upsell call last week...booked a penthouse suite upsold to owners suite! We took the "sell" because we figure it won't happen again and this is a once in a lifetime chance :D hubby had me ask the man who called me why/how he called us and I was told this...he (man from Carnival) calls those already booked in a suite and familes or large parties first..like I said, we were already booked in a penthouse suite and are a party of 4, - two kids & two adults.

We booked this cruise through a Carnival PVP and this is my 4th Carnival cruise....

Two years ago, my first cruise, we received an upsell call but since we had an aft balcony we declined the offer. For the upcoming cruise in January, I let my PVP know I would be open to an upsell call and she noted it on my account. My cruise is two months out, so I may still get it. I'm crossing my fingers.

Two years ago, my first cruise, we received an upsell call but since we had an aft balcony we declined the offer. For the upcoming cruise in January, I let my PVP know I would be open to an upsell call and she noted it on my account. My cruise is two months out, so I may still get it. I'm crossing my fingers.

The actual upsell dept just formed about fall last year, a little over a year ago. Before that they were offering upgrades and the call your recieved was probably just from a regular sales person if it was 2 years ago. Upsell is new to Carnival last year.

i asked our carnival agent to put us on the (list). he said no such thing. this was may of 2009. back in 2005 we were changed from our three adjoining cabins on the glory's 10th floor to suites on the 7th. did not appreciate the unknown upgrade at the embarkation. man have thing changed. i hope they call will be happy to upgrade for next cruise.

i asked our carnival agent to put us on the (list). he said no such thing. this was may of 2009. back in 2005 we were changed from our three adjoining cabins on the glory's 10th floor to suites on the 7th. did not appreciate the unknown upgrade at the embarkation. man have thing changed. i hope they call will be happy to upgrade for next cruise.

I might have said list, when I meant a listing of the cabins to call starting at the top of the list of carnival direct booked cabins ... they have to have a list to call.

I dont know that anyone said there was a sign up list but your PVP or agent can note it on your booking.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm checking Cruisecritic for a friend of mine who is cruising on New Years. Does anyone HAVE the upsell number to call to ask for a possible upgrade? I'd love to share the # with my friend's hubby and completely surprise a well-deserving mother with a fab upgrade.

I'm checking Cruisecritic for a friend of mine who is cruising on New Years. Does anyone HAVE the upsell number to call to ask for a possible upgrade? I'd love to share the # with my friend's hubby and completely surprise a well-deserving mother with a fab upgrade.

I have the number. I can also tell you its a waste of time calling them if they dont have upsells for that particular cruise. Upsells are for cruises that are not selling well. I really doubt there are new year eve's cruises not selling well. If you want to surprise you friend, just check out how much a upgrade costs and watch prices. If there is going to be any discount, I see them a little over a week out.

I specifically asked my PVP to put in a note in my file about an upsell call. She said the upsell area is not linked to them at all. She said she had no idea when or if any of her clients received these calls. I'm not sure if the truth lies between, but this is what I was told.

I specifically asked my PVP to put in a note in my file about an upsell call. She said the upsell area is not linked to them at all. She said she had no idea when or if any of her clients received these calls. I'm not sure if the truth lies between, but this is what I was told.

Upsell is a separate dept. My PVP said she even trained one of the Upsell agents, who didnt make it as a PVP, now works as a Upsell rep. PVPs dont have any other control over you getting a upsell call. All they can do is notate it that you would like to get one. PVPs would only know if you got a upsell call if you told her about it.

What in between truth are you thinking there is about this?

Nothing big meant.. Anytime you deal with a sales area it is all about how things are positioned. I still love my PVP. I just took the initiative and watched the prices and upgraded myself. So we are all set. Now if I could just get some excursions booked.

To get an "Upsell" call you have to be booked into a catagory that Carnival thinks they can sell easier than the one they want you to move to. They want to get those higher catagories filled and then do a sale or a Pack 'n Go on what's left. There is nothing ramdom about it.

Do you have a number from the upsell group or know how to contact them?

Its the regular number, the part that people dont want to post is private extension numbers for particular reps. To reach a upsell rep, you have to have his private extension number. Posting it here, they would be inundated with calls. ... they dont want. They want to call you, not you call them.

On our last cruise, it was #10, we had a suite and got the call for an upsell to a penthouse, we declined since they still wanted to much $ We were happy with the suite. That was the first time we got a call like that. We always pick our stateroom, don't want to be dissapointed. So we like what we pick out.

Archived