phuket

jackiedanny

does anyone know where the superstar virgo will dock in phuket?

thanks jackiedanny

Hi there, I think it depends on the time of year but for our three cruises in the last three years (all March) we have tendered off Patong beach.

Hope this helps:)

thanks jackiedanny

I would suggest you post this here:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=22143610#post22143610

It's the thread for SS Virgo with very knowledgeable people.

I suspect if you search that thread the answer is probably there already.

Hi there, I think it depends on the time of year but for our three cruises in the last three years (all March) we have tendered off Patong beach.

Hope this helps:)

hi

how was the tendering did it go smoothly, long wait? etc i ask as i am thinking of doing a private tour in phuket to phang nga that leaves from the royal phuket marina at 0830 and i am worried about being able to get there on time

thanks

jackiedanny:confused:

hi

how was the tendering did it go smoothly, long wait? etc i ask as i am thinking of doing a private tour in phuket to phang nga that leaves from the royal phuket marina at 0830 and i am worried about being able to get there on time

thanks

jackiedanny:confused:

Hi,

The tender process with all ports for Virgo, goes extremely smoothly. They do this trip just about every week, so they are just so organised.

You never have to wait. Not sure whether Star offer the tour you want to do, but we have found that the Star tours are not expensive compared to other cruise lines, in fact, very reasonable. Perhaps they might have the tour you are interested in, thus guaranteeing your departure times.

Not sure whether your trip calls on Malacca, but if it does the ships tour was great, a long day, but well worth it. Hope this helps

Cheryle

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

thanks jackiedanny

Hi we are going on the virgo on aug 29th need to know what power plug to take for battery charging have been on the Gemini but cannot remember lol rita

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

I am going to Phuket on Legend of the Seas and wonder about a local speedboat operator for a Phang Nga tour. RCI, I believe, offers a large boat tour which may not see as much and be crowded. I have contacted online operators but they require a charter for cruise passengers. I also worry about getting to and from the cruise ship in a timely fashion. What local operators are willing to take cruise passengers on a non charter basis?

Most of the ships have a list of organised shore excursions at varying prices. If you want to do the free and easy excursions (your own itinerary) you can haggle with the taxi drivers in any of the ports when you get of the boat. We had no trouble at all doing our own thing and getting back to the boat in plenty of time in all the ports (except for Port Klang, which is quite a distance from Kuala Lumper.We went on one of the Shopper tours organised by the Virgo where they take you to KL and drop you off and pick you up at the same place a few hours later. No chance of missing the ship

PS. The taxi rivers know whats going on and were well organised to get you where you want to go and back again.

Archived