Anyone bid on a 1* on Priceline in Ft. Lauderdal?

Bahama_Bound

My husband and I are wanting to stay within walking distance to the beach in Ft. Lauderdale for a 1 night pre-cruise stay on January 7, 2010. We are wanting a very cheap room, just a descent place to sleep. I have never used Priceline before and was wondering if anyone ever bid on a 1* hotel in the beach area or anywhere close enough to walk to a beach in Ft. Lauderdale? Where did you stay, what was it like and what did you pay for it?:confused:

Thanks!

Use betterbidding.com and check out the hotels used most often by Priceline. You can find the list there. Then check the hotels out on tripadvisor.com for recent reviews.

What is your budget? To go to a one star property, you are asking for a dive. :eek: Use priceline and look at least at two star properties. You'll be much happier and if your travel dates are right, you'll find a decent price. Might want to look at hotwire and easyclicktravel too.

Here are some reviews for one of the properties mentioned above. You decide if this would be where you want to begin your vacation. :confused:

http://travelb.priceline.com/hotel/hotelReviewsGuide.do?key=g2pcj8k8&propID=1230805&jsk=2103010a1f03010a20091202001457571d11460562&plf=PCLH

If you want to be on the beach, you really can't use hotwire or priceline. With both, you choose a zone and can end up anywhere within the zone. If you want a great deal, use priceline or hotwire but do your homework. Go to betterbidding.com and biddingfortravel.com and the priceline board here on cruise critic. You will have a very good idea of what you can get on priceline and what hotels are listed on hotwire.

I've used both for years and am amazed at some of the deals. My son works for Hyatt and even thier employee family rate can't touch what I can get through priceline or hotwire. Here is an example, we are flying to FLL the day before our cruise next week. I was able to get the Hilton Marina in Fort Lauderdale with a bid of $45 on priceline. I bid on a 3.5 star and got the 4 star Hilton.

With taxes and fees, the total is $57.61.

If you want to be on the beach, you really can't use hotwire or priceline. With both, you choose a zone and can end up anywhere within the zone. If you want a great deal, use priceline or hotwire but do your homework. Go to betterbidding.com and biddingfortravel.com and the priceline board here on cruise critic. You will have a very good idea of what you can get on priceline and what hotels are listed on hotwire.

I've used both for years and am amazed at some of the deals. My son works for Hyatt and even thier employee family rate can't touch what I can get through priceline or hotwire. Here is an example, we are flying to FLL the day before our cruise next week. I was able to get the Hilton Marina in Fort Lauderdale with a bid of $45 on priceline. I bid on a 3.5 star and got the 4 star Hilton.

With taxes and fees, the total is $57.61.

You are going during a very economical week. Can't compare your pricing to what the Op will pay in January. However point made that using PL or HW often gives great deals. Just depends on travel dates. We ended up winning/paying around $160 for the Bahia Mar at the end of Jan. Rates are low today.

My husband and I are wanting to stay within walking distance to the beach in Ft. Lauderdale for a 1 night pre-cruise stay on January 7, 2010. We are wanting a very cheap room, just a descent place to sleep. I have never used Priceline before and was wondering if anyone ever bid on a 1* hotel in the beach area or anywhere close enough to walk to a beach in Ft. Lauderdale? Where did you stay, what was it like and what did you pay for it?:confused:

Thanks!

A very cheap 1* hotel and 'descent place" do not go together.

No idea about a 1* there but read once about my former city on betterbidding and a person won a 1*. I was shocked the place was even in a PL inventory. People are murdered there. It was a BAD place.

The savings are so nice via PL bid up in star level. You'll pay less than than a 1* booked conventionally, and get clean sheets. :)

Archived