These Boards are Gettting Shaky Again

I have Cox cable high-speed internet - no pop-ups. I also use Norton Internet Security with firewall, Spykiller and Ad-aware - no po-ups. I have Windows XP Professional, but have not downloaded the Service Pack 2 - which has a firewall, too. My Microsoft broadband modem network has a firewall, too. Seems kind of redundant, so I usually turn the Norton off and just use the Microsoft one.

boards were touch and go this morning but seem OK tonight. Reminds the last time Cruise Critic improved the boards and made some changes. I lost everything and had to re-register and change everything. I didn't really care about loosing past history all I do is read board, ask questionsand make a feel commenta now and then.

As far as pop ups I get them now and then. I looked the other day on the internet how to sell something on ebay and "pop up's" appeared all over the place! LOL

We have DSL internet hookup, with norton virus and a firewall. Our son got his computer "highjacked the other night" through his internet hook up. Somehow someone got his password and "messed" his computer up. He has it straighten out now.

I get if the Fed's have trouble keeping hackers out of their files what can you expect!

OK so let me get real b****y which I can be good at...:rolleyes:

Right now I don't think I am any better off then where I was before these boards were changed to the new who-ever-is-doing them-now. Back to the SOS.

I simply have no patience in this advanced technologial world for this kind of stuff. I switched my cell phone service from AT&T because the service was stink-bomb and there where hundreds of dead cell areas...(like they survived...), but same deal...you can't write or read a post without getting 100% frustrated.

Very bad for biz...very bad for FC's mood.:eek:

I have had all these problems also. I try all kinds of ways to get on. Usually typing in the address works better then a direct link. Then once I'm on I stay on for a few min and the board is very slow. Then I click off and go on again and it speeds up. Hope this helps.

From what I can tell, from the types of errors generated, this is really a server-based issue. So while some types of client-side interactions may encounter problems more than others (POSTs vs. GETs, for example), the core of the problem still rests on the server. There is a real question, I'd suspect, with respect to cost-benefit. Almost surely, this software is architected so that it can be hosted on a more scalable topology, but are the advertising revenues sufficiently high to cover the higher cost?

Who cares. We are right back to where we were before the upgrade to this new server/web provider. When they did their finagling a week or so ago to have a linear menu, the whole thing has tanked at that time. I don't see where this has to do with advertising dollars. This has to do with a bad upgrade to the new boards.

I thought it was just me who was having problems, but it turns out I am not alone. I am having trouble starting a thread and have experience this problem for a day now. Hope these boards are working soon. You don't realize how addicted you are till there is a glich. :o

BTW, I don't have a problem with the way the boards work, but I guess we just have to wait for the glitches to be ironed out. Personally, I can post and reply, it's just that this last day I've had trouble starting a thread. So we just wait, it's okay. I also love the way the boards look and operate. I find it simply. I hope they don't change thing b/c it's really not broken. And if it ain't broken don't fix it. :)

dst_can_garden_img_305.jpg

• Administrators
I wonder if it has anything to do with all the damn pop-ups in here.

Stretch

Hey there, Stretch:

We don't have popups on our message boards. At all. So you aren't getting them from us.

Laura

Archived