Alexandria overnight in Luxor

pinebro

anybody do a overnight in Luxor from Alexandria? would really like to see the light/sound show and do a hot air balloon over Luxor........we will be in Alexandria 2 full days......

You'd best get started right now :D

Alex to Luxor is somewhere over 500 miles. Each way.:eek:

John Bull

most all the flights go thru Cairo..............Celebrity charters a plane for Alexandria to Luxor - but that tour returns the same day.........I know its 500miles, been there - not planning on walking, know I will need to fly Mr Bull

• 1 month later...

We'll be in Alexandria in October for 2 days and plan on taking an overnight to that combines Luxor on the first day and Cairo on the second. There are no flight's to Luxor from Alexandria through Egypt air. If you book through the cruise line they charter a plane from Alexandria to Luxor. I'm sailing on Celebrity and I don't think they offer this so we're going thru Ramses tours. They will pick us up at the port in Alexandria and then drive us overland to Cairo for the flight to Luxor. Once in Luxor you get in as much as you can before an overnight stay in a hotel. After breakfast you fly back to Cairo to get in the Pyramids before the transfer back to Alexandria. There are a few different tour companies that will take you to Luxor, but I found Ramses to be the cheapest by far. If you're interested in the tour you'll have to email them and ask specifically about it. They claim it's a tiring and ambitious tour beacause of the travel time so they don't normally promote it. I think some of the other tour companies I looked into were Nile Blue and Mustafa tours, but I sure that there are more.

We'll be in Alexandria in October for 2 days and plan on taking an overnight to that combines Luxor on the first day and Cairo on the second. There are no flight's to Luxor from Alexandria through Egypt air. If you book through the cruise line they charter a plane from Alexandria to Luxor. I'm sailing on Celebrity and I don't think they offer this so we're going thru Ramses tours. They will pick us up at the port in Alexandria and then drive us overland to Cairo for the flight to Luxor. Once in Luxor you get in as much as you can before an overnight stay in a hotel. After breakfast you fly back to Cairo to get in the Pyramids before the transfer back to Alexandria. There are a few different tour companies that will take you to Luxor, but I found Ramses to be the cheapest by far. If you're interested in the tour you'll have to email them and ask specifically about it. They claim it's a tiring and ambitious tour beacause of the travel time so they don't normally promote it. I think some of the other tour companies I looked into were Nile Blue and Mustafa tours, but I sure that there are more.

I hope you will post your experience on this board when you get back -- I'd be very interested in reading how it goes.

This tour was an option for our cruise on the Brillance of the Seas last April. However, it was cancelled at the last minute because of lack of demand. We met some people who had intended on going and they told us that when the ship cancelled it, they obviously gave them back their money, but because many of the other tours were already filled, they didn't have many options remaining as an alternative. Considering that this tour was like $800 or so per person, I'd have been pretty anoyed if it was canceled at the last minute and no other option was available.

This tour was an option for our cruise on the Brillance of the Seas last April. However, it was cancelled at the last minute because of lack of demand. We met some people who had intended on going and they told us that when the ship cancelled it, they obviously gave them back their money, but because many of the other tours were already filled, they didn't have many options remaining as an alternative. Considering that this tour was like $800 or so per person, I'd have been pretty anoyed if it was canceled at the last minute and no other option was available.

• 7 months later...

Archived