Help please....sightseeing/walking tours?

Lois R

Hello folks:) I will be in St Croix next month for the first time and I am

really looking forward to it.

I am trying to find information and thought I saw something but now I

cannot find it:eek:

Instead of doing an excursion, is St Croix walkable? What is the set up?

from where the ship docks to see some of the area?

The Cruiseline offers a couple of sightseeing tours but I was wondering

if this can be done independently? I sail on my own..any recommendations?

Thanks for any help...it is appreciated:)

Yay, a new port for you! (I've long enjoyed your contributions on CC.)

DH and I are white- knucklers as well, we always do independent adventures on our trips and have loads of fun.

You may walk off the pier and into Frederiksted, it is a quiet small town, no Diamonds International, etc. It is small and has its charms. You may also walk off the pier and plop down on the beach, or catch the Jolly Trolley to find your beach of choice or lunch option. You can catch a taxi to Christiansted and walk around the Danish building, browsing the shops- it's more picturesque than F'sted, and has more to offer I suspect. You might like to see the Whim Plantaion or the Laewetz Great House instead.

You will have no problem catching a taxi from the pier. You can also rent a car and go boldly. STX is very do-able for those who wish to skip ship's excursions.

Please let me know if I can help further.

Yay, a new port for you! (I've long enjoyed your contributions on CC.)

DH and I are white- knucklers as well, we always do independent adventures on our trips and have loads of fun.

You may walk off the pier and into Frederiksted, it is a quiet small town, no Diamonds International, etc. It is small and has its charms. You may also walk off the pier and plop down on the beach, or catch the Jolly Trolley to find your beach of choice or lunch option. You can catch a taxi to Christiansted and walk around the Danish building, browsing the shops- it's more picturesque than F'sted, and has more to offer I suspect. You might like to see the Whim Plantaion or the Laewetz Great House instead.

You will have no problem catching a taxi from the pier. You can also rent a car and go boldly. STX is very do-able for those who wish to skip ship's excursions.

Please let me know if I can help further.

Hi, thanks for the help:)..I won't want to rent a car. Sounds like the trolley might be nice though:)...and my feet will help too:D;)

I concur with the previous poster. The town is walkable but don't look for great shopping or the same kinds of attractions that they offer on some of the other islands.

A few years ago we rented bikes on St. Croix and rode up the coast. It was a lot of fun and adventure too. We ended up getting chased by some dogs off a farm or something. Probably did about 10 miles or so.

I would probably do it again next time. St. Croix just isn't my favorite port.

Hope this helps.....

I concur with the previous poster. The town is walkable but don't look for great shopping or the same kinds of attractions that they offer on some of the other islands.

A few years ago we rented bikes on St. Croix and rode up the coast. It was a lot of fun and adventure too. We ended up getting chased by some dogs off a farm or something. Probably did about 10 miles or so.

I would probably do it again next time. St. Croix just isn't my favorite port.

Hope this helps.....

Hi, yes it does:)....I am not into shopping so that is not a factor.

I am not in good shape for 10 miles of bike riding:eek:

Is the Greathouse and/or the Plantation close by the pier or will I need

transportation to get to those places?

You will need transportation to Whim or Lawaetz, they are quite close but not walking distance. Taxi to L. is about a 5 mnute ride; to Whim, maybe 15 minutes. You can check out more about them at stcroixlandmarks dot com.

Hi, thanks for the continued help:D...that link did not work:eek: so I did

a google search and found it is actually .org rather than .com:)

And I was remiss in not thanking you for the compliment in your first

reply. Thank you:)

Archived