Advice please

Tucruisers

Grateful for advice from CC posters. My wife and I cruised wth Seabourn to the Norwegian Fjords in August as first time cruisers. We were really impressed, so much so that we paid the £500 deposit against 5% off a future cruise, fully intending to travel again with Seabourn asap.

We were fortunate to have a $500 dollar referral coupon which helped with the (considerable) cost of the excursions. Whilst onboard we asked more than once about how to obtain a coupon which we would pass on to relatives recommended to Seabourn. We were told they would be in touch. That did not happen so eventually we contacted our TA who told us we would have to get in touch with Seabourn by phone. From the UK this meant going through Cunard but eventually we did this and they said that they "would get in touch with Miami".

So 10 weeks later we have heard nothing. As a result our next cruise (in April 2010) is with Regent (free excursions). Should we just give up and get back our £500 or tey for the 4th time? Seems like terrible business from Seabourn in what until this we had thought a classy operation.

The email address that worked for me is: seabournclub at seabourn.com. They replied within 3 days and the coupons took 2 weeks.

There were also 2 coupons in the members pack that arrived with cards etc.

At what stage did you recieve the members pack?

we cruised in mid october 2009 and have booked again for May 2010 so would like to get hold of the referral coupons.

Our recent booking shows seabourn as having us as first time cruisers, maybe I could use another first time referral coupon, but I doubt it.....

Did the members pack come from miami or southampton?

Thank you

linda

At what stage did you recieve the members pack?

Did the members pack come from miami or southampton?

Thank you

linda

Linda, the pack came within a few weeks of our cruise. The letter is dated July. It came from Pamela C but is postmarked Leeds!

It has the coupons and a booklet showing what club members get.

Don't wait for the members pack just email the club.

Mike

I thought I was the only person in the UK who had such trouble getting referral coupons. I have tried every month for 3 months to get Seabourn (and once Cunard on behalf of Seabourn) representatives in Southampton to supply coupons. I was told each time that Miami is responsible and in charge but have never been told what that means. After all, if Miami is truly responsible and in charge then they really should take charge and deal with their field office's requests. Simple as that!

I hope that we both get the coupons somehow in the not too distant future!

I thought I was the only person in the UK who had such trouble getting referral coupons. I have tried every month for 3 months to get Seabourn (and once Cunard on behalf of Seabourn) representatives in Southampton to supply coupons. I was told each time that Miami is responsible and in charge but have never been told what that means. After all, if Miami is truly responsible and in charge then they really should take charge and deal with their field office's requests. Simple as that!

I hope that we both get the coupons somehow in the not too distant future!

So please email them and you should get a response in a couple of days.

seabournclub@seabourn.com Do not forget to quote your member's number that you were given on board.

Linda, the pack came within a few weeks of our cruise. The letter is dated July. It came from Pamela C but is postmarked Leeds!

It has the coupons and a booklet showing what club members get.

Don't wait for the members pack just email the club.

Mike

Many thanks I will try both emails and see if they come up with anything.

Will report back:)

For Mikey47 and others in the UK:

FYI, and about these vouchers, within 24 hours of sending the request to Miami I have received the vouchers- via e-mail sent by the Southampton office to me.

A big result considering the exchange of palaver to date!

Regards

I actually used a slightly different email address being based in England for the referral coupons. I used UKSeabourn.Club@cunard.co.uk, hope this helps as they were very responsive to my requests. They actually sent a request to Miami for the coupons, but at least it is a UK contact.

Reporting back: I have had a reply from the UK address who are sending my request on to Miami. Will let you all know what happens.:)

Grateful for the advice, maybe we will give it one more go. Still genuinely puzzled about why a company which markets its brand as quality (and mostly delivers) should be so poor in this respect. For us, it has lost them one booking (at least) next year to RSSC and unless it is resolved permenent business.

Thanks again for the helpful posts.

Tucruisers

Archived