Mini Suite Balcony on Star ...Covered or Not

bionicbeacher

Hi....We are thinking of booking a Mini Suite on the Star Princess....Dolphin Deck .....Could someone tell me if they are covered and if so to what extent....

Have always booked a Balcony Cabin on Caribe Deck before and the Balcony is 50 percent covered.

Thank You

Ken

Mini-suites on Dolphin deck on Grand Class ships have no overhead cover on the balcony. They are completely open. However, mini-suites on Emerald deck on Grand Class ships have full overhead cover. I believe there are only 12 mini-suites on Emerald Deck, they are classed AD. Minisuites rated AC - AA are located on Dolphin deck.

If you want a covered balcony and are lucky enough to grab on the of 12 mini-suites on Emerald Deck, be sure to mark your reservation "Do not upgrade" to minimize the chance they may 'upgrade' you to an open balcony on Dolphin.

Hope this helps. Enjoy your cruise!

We had a mini suite on Emerald deck on our 30 day cruise on the Star. It was nice, but I'd rather have the balcony on Caribe next time. Yes, the extra room was nice, as was the larger bathroom but I just found that we didn't get enough sun. For the amount of time we're in the cabin, I'd stick with the larger balcony on Caribe, as you get sun and shade:cool:

Yes mini's are covered but on the Emerald deck but they are very very popular so if you can snag one do it quick. As stated above there are only 12 of them and they go fast.

Marilyn

Hi....We are thinking of booking a Mini Suite on the Star Princess....Dolphin Deck .....Could someone tell me if they are covered and if so to what extent....

Have always booked a Balcony Cabin on Caribe Deck before and the Balcony is 50 percent covered.

Thank You

Ken

They are uncovered.

Just got back today from a cruise on the Star, was on Dolphin 210, an uncovered balcony. I had read such negatives comments about the decks, was very concerned. Didn't bother us at all. We rather enjoyed being able to sit out on our deck at night and have an unobstructed view of the moon and stars. I must say, one evening a woman a deck or two above us came out in her bra and slacks and started talking to my husband...............we're thinking she didn't realize he was on our deck............

We were in E737 on the Star last month. The only noise we heard sometimes at night was if there was production shows in the Vista Lounge. We were under the lounge. It wasn't annoying and didn't keep us awake at night.
You sure it was E737? The highest cabin # on Emerald deck on the Star is E733. Also, the Vista Lounge is on the deck below, not above, so you wouldn't have been under the lounge. I've been in E725 twice on the Crown and once on the Sapphire Princess and have never heard anything from Promenade deck, the lounge or the cabins above.

Archived