Never been on Carnival- question about Miracle

dhay

Hi guys-

Question about the Miracle. It is the ship sailing an itinerary we really like. But I usually saild RCL and don't know much about Carnival. I like larger ships in RCL and was wondering what the Miracle is like. Can someone please provide honest insight? We are looking at an 8 day that goes to Aruba, Curacao, Dominincan Republic, and Grand Turk.

On Royal my last 2 cruises have been on the Voyager class and I love that size ship.

TIA!!

The Miracle's new itinerary seems great, and I am dying to go on it! Compared to the RCCL ships you have been on, Miracle is definitely smaller. Most people love the spirit class ships (as Miracle is) as they are easy to navigate. Personally, I like the "larger" ships, but to each his/her own. The shows on Miracle (especially the "Ticket to Ride" Beatle's tribute) are good. Check around the ship, cause you can get some great balcony cabins (100 ft. balcony - cabin 6232 if you have 4 in a cabin, 8232 if you have 2) for a great price. I would give Carnival a try, and Miracle is a great ship to start on.

I think you'll find "Miracle" to be a GREAT ship. She's a bit smaller than what you're used to, but I think that unless you did the rock wall, the flow rider, and all that other stuff, you won't miss the size of the ship at all. In fact, I'd bet that you'll appreciate the fact that there are perhaps 2000 less people to stand in line with, and you find plenty of activities to keep you busy as well. Shows aboard "Miracle" are excellent IMO, and food and service are second to none as well. One warning,,,,I hope you like "grapes" as the dining room is decorated entirely with grapes, and grape vines. Yes, it's a bit strange, but kind of grows on you! :D

I have no doubt that you'll enjoy your cruise on "Miracle".

"SKY"

The ship is much smaller than the Voyager Class so it would be unfair to except the same features or feel. Miracle is basically the same size as the RCCL Radiance Class ships, the long and thin design necessary to max-out the dimentions of the Panama Canal. This means a bit more walking (Voyager Class does a good job of minimizing the walking involved for the size of ship.) Carnival's Miracle/Spirit Class has less glass than the Radiance ships, but is defintely more open than Voyager and her sisters which are arguably very inwardly looking ships. Decor wise it's the usual arguement: Carnival does wow with the decor, often becoming OMG when things go a bit too far. The glassed in pool is no where near are nice as the ones on RCCL, however I like the adult pool on Miracle for the endless view off the stern.

The atmosphere is different on Carnival, it's fun and generally a live-and-let-live, don't sweat the small stuff kinda vibe. Some say Carnival is less classy, I say it's less upitty, but that's a judgement call. Expect people to drink too much at times but usually there is only one annoying drunk who's girlfriend/wife can't keep in line (occational vice versa) but I've experienced the same on RCCL.

Hi guys-

Question about the Miracle. It is the ship sailing an itinerary we really like. But I usually saild RCL and don't know much about Carnival. I like larger ships in RCL and was wondering what the Miracle is like. Can someone please provide honest insight? We are looking at an 8 day that goes to Aruba, Curacao, Dominincan Republic, and Grand Turk.

On Royal my last 2 cruises have been on the Voyager class and I love that size ship.

TIA!!

Hi there,

We are also contemplating this cruise for our next family cruise. I've been wanting to go to Aruba since my first cruise in 06'. I think you would like the Miracle, I've never been on RCL, but I did go on the Legend (Miracle's sister ship), and it was FABOLOUS !!! My favorite cruise so far. The layout has been my favorite as well as the pools. Give it a try, and hey, maybe I'll see you there :D.

Hi there,

We are also contemplating this cruise for our next family cruise. I've been wanting to go to Aruba since my first cruise in 06'. I think you would like the Miracle, I've never been on RCL, but I did go on the Legend (Miracle's sister ship), and it was FABOLOUS !!! My favorite cruise so far. The layout has been my favorite as well as the pools. Give it a try, and hey, maybe I'll see you there :D.

I booked the Miracle for 10/18/10.. Very excited, and this will be my 12yr old daughters first cruise..third for us.

If you're thinking about it for a family.. don't wait!! I've been over the moon since I made the call this morning!

Everything you could possibly want to know about Miracle is in this thread.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=631682&page=62

I linked to the last page. I tend, in those long threads, to read from most recent back because things to change on occasion.

And if you have questions that aren't addressed in that thread, please post them there, so that all Miracle lovers/future lovers can read the thread and find the answers.

I'll be back on her by this time next week for my second time. I'm looking forward to seeing if I like her as much the 2nd time around.

I don't personally care for the decor, but she isn't as bad as some of Farcus' designs. But I don't sail for the decor. I sail for the ports and am really looking forward to Panama & Costa Rica, and returning to Belize, this time to see some Mayan ruins.

I love the layout. I like it so much more than Carnival's typical big floating box with a point on the front.

Archived