Another Booze Question

t12young

Bottle of booze.................................................$83

Room service tip for delivering mixers.....................$5

Being able to have a drink anytime ya' darn well please in your cabin while dressed, half-dressed or even undressed................PRICELESS!

Well said!!

First of all, thank you for "she" and not "he." And, no I never said I bought individual drinks. See some of my responses in red. I said I ordered a bottle. I called room service, asked for a bottle of vodka, and a bottle of vodka was delivered.....end of story....

And, making my own is far better than walking down the hallway, up the stairs (or down), finding a bar that isn't swamped with passengers, waiting for the drink, signing for it, then walking back to my cabin (not to mention that I would have to leave my children ALONE in the cabin to do it). THEN, after finishing said drink, walking back out to the hallway, down the hallway, up the stairs, to the bar that is swamped with passengers, etc. etc. You get the point. Conversely, calling room service for A DRINK, and waiting for it, signing for it, handing over a few dollars for tip....then finishing the drink, calling room service again, waiting for it, signing for it.... etc. etc.

To those who have posted that they "get" my point: thank you! To SeaShark, you are spending too much time trying to prove me wrong... it's time to move on.

The point is one poster said that a BOTTLE of booze can not be ordered from room service; I say it can: call room service, order a BOTTLE of booze, and wait a few minutes and it will be delivered.

I don't know how to respond...you still don't seem to get that nobody is trying to convince you of one thing or another...either way. Yet you seem to feel the need to keep repeating things that nobody said and things that dont matter.

As an example, I said "She ordered a bottle "

Your response: "I said I ordered a bottle. I called room service, asked for a bottle of vodka, and a bottle of vodka was delivered.....end of story...."

It looks like you are saying the same thing I said, except that you are saying it three different ways. Was there something wrong with "She ordered a bottle"? (Oh, BTW...if you're going to resort to "end of story" declarations, they only work when you actually end the story...don't prattle on after making that statement)

"(not to mention that I would have to leave my children ALONE in the cabin to do it)." ... Now we're getting to the root of your obsession...you should have just said so earlier.

So you just go right ahead...I'm not trying to change your mind...and neither is anyone else. Maybe you should do the same. It looks like you already have enough to worry about.

why is someone so anxious to buy a BOTTLE of Vodka when they are cruising with their children?? How much can one drink in a week or 10 days in the limited # of hours they have to stay inside their cabin because the kids are....what, sleeping?

Wow...quite a bit of misinformation here...

To the OP:

To answer your original questions:

--You cannot order full bottles of liquor from room service.

--You also cannot order mixers from room service.

Looks like you had some misinformation as well since people have posted quite contradictory experiences to the above.

I don't know how to respond...you still don't seem to get that nobody is trying to convince you of one thing or another...either way. Yet you seem to feel the need to keep repeating things that nobody said and things that dont matter.

"(not to mention that I would have to leave my children ALONE in the cabin to do it)." ... Now we're getting to the root of your obsession...you should have just said so earlier.

This sure looks like something that doesn't matter. Has nothing to do with whether or not a bottle can be ordered. You're turning this into something else and it's not for you to make unfounded assumptions.

So you just go right ahead...I'm not trying to change your mind...and neither is anyone else. Maybe you should do the same. It looks like you already have enough to worry about.

Very curious as to what you mean by this. 2Cruise4Ever is not trying to change anyone's mind abougt anything, she's just trying to correct your original post that bottles cannot be ordered through room service.

Do any of the cruise lines that charge for their drinks allow you to bring your own booze, not wine, on board? I see people here complaining about NCL's no booze policy, but I think everybody else that charges for drinks has the same policy. Enlighten me if I am wrong.

We smuggled some alcohol onboard our last cruise (just got off yesterday in fact). Six bottles total. Took months of planning. Very devious plan. Please, don't share this info with others, otherwise NCL may catch on!

We got off the ship in Antigua. Bought six bottles of assorted alcohol (two liters of Absolut, some cheap 750ml of rum, the other three my wife picked so I dunno). Went back to the ship. Announced that we had alcohol in our bag (which prominently displayed that it came from a liquor-type store). Sent it through the x-ray machine. Told the staff they were supposed to take it. A few confused staff members went around asking if the bartender was around (I guess they needed a bartender to take it). We waited about half a minute, then just carried it to our room.

Really wasn't a big deal, we're not big drinkers anyways (the two bottles of Absolut will be given as gifts, rum's for baking, and I'm not sure what the other three bottles are for). It was nice not having to stand in another line to pick them back up though.

That is a darn good question. After all, everybody knows you should drink scotch in this situation!

ROFL! Exactly! Preferably a single malt!

Do any of the cruise lines that charge for their drinks allow you to bring your own booze, not wine, on board? I see people here complaining about NCL's no booze policy, but I think everybody else that charges for drinks has the same policy. Enlighten me if I am wrong.

I believe you're mostly right. Disney allows bottled booze, I think there are a few more. But I believe all the mass market lines have banned spirits.

We smuggled some alcohol onboard our last cruise (just got off yesterday in fact). Six bottles total. Took months of planning. Very devious plan. Please, don't share this info with others, otherwise NCL may catch on!

We got off the ship in Antigua. Bought six bottles of assorted alcohol (two liters of Absolut, some cheap 750ml of rum, the other three my wife picked so I dunno). Went back to the ship. Announced that we had alcohol in our bag (which prominently displayed that it came from a liquor-type store). Sent it through the x-ray machine. Told the staff they were supposed to take it. A few confused staff members went around asking if the bartender was around (I guess they needed a bartender to take it). We waited about half a minute, then just carried it to our room.

Really wasn't a big deal, we're not big drinkers anyways (the two bottles of Absolut will be given as gifts, rum's for baking, and I'm not sure what the other three bottles are for). It was nice not having to stand in another line to pick them back up though.

Awesome! LOL! I've read similar accounts as yours, so you're not alone.

I'm interested in your wife's "mystery 3!" :D

Hope you had a great cruise!

Light travels faster than sound. That is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Wink I love this and I'm stealing it for my work signature... I'll leave CC to you! :D

LOL! Deal! I borrowed it too.. ;)

why is someone so anxious to buy a BOTTLE of Vodka when they are cruising with their children?? How much can one drink in a week or 10 days in the limited # of hours they have to stay inside their cabin because the kids are....what, sleeping?

I'm not cruising with children, only with my wife, she's only 12 but legally considered an adult in West Virginia!!

ROFL! Exactly! Preferably a single malt!

I believe you're mostly right. Disney allows bottled booze, I think there are a few more. But I believe all the mass market lines have banned spirits.

Awesome! LOL! I've read similar accounts as yours, so you're not alone.

I'm interested in your wife's "mystery 3!" :D

Hope you had a great cruise!

And make sure that Single Malt is of age , at 18 years old . Followed by a nice 9 year old Knob Creek Bourbon.

You'll forget you have kids ;)

Soooo, does anyone 'smuggle"?

I used to , not anymore . I'd say your odds are better than average to succeed . It all depends on if you embarrass easily . Being called to the naughty room is a fate worse than death to some. If you do get asked to come down ( along with the other 100 people ) they will ask you to remove it and they will hold it until the last day and return it..

Oh , I forgot about the part were they make you stand up on stage by the pool and declare your crime :p.

Ok I'm ready ;)

...Oh , I forgot about the part were they make you stand up on stage by the pool and declare your crime :p.

Yes, that's true.. and some of the teetotaler's pelt you with rocks and garbage.

But it's still worth a shot. LOL

i used to , not anymore . I'd say your odds are better than average to succeed . It all depends on if you embarrass easily . Being called to the naughty room is a fate worse than death to some. If you do get asked to come down ( along with the other 100 people ) they will ask you to remove it and they will hold it until the last day and return it..

Oh , i forgot about the part were they make you stand up on stage by the pool and declare your crime :p.

Ok i'm ready ;)

and you have to be naked !!!!!!!!

Archived