Happy Dawn Adrift cruiser to Not so happy cruiser to a happy solution

pieshops

Now I might be reading all the to exact, but heres how I see it. NCL offered 50 percent off a future cruise. Isn't that what you got 1/2 a cruise. I see it as not a lot of complicated math. If the new cruise total is for example 2000.00, straight up it would cost you 1000.00. I think NCL is thinking this way 1/2 off is 1/2 off. I know this might be a bummer, but 1/2 off I will take if you don't want it. He He.

Anyway like I said, mabey I am underthinking it. Have a great cruise and enjoy any day at see you can get.

Nancy

I'm in Saskatchewan, where I am enduring -40 temps as I eagerly anticipate being in Miami and on the Sky next week! You'll have a much milder experience in Whistler, I'm sure. :) How exciting that you get to be there for the Olympics! Are you a fan of 'Hell's Kitchen'? This season's winner is going to be in Whistler as well, at the Araxi.

I spent some time in your province, years ago I flew up to Anchorage, backpacked around Alaska for 3 weeks and then took the ferry system down to Victoria Island and over to vacncouver then took the train spending 5 weeks making my way across canada finally winding up in Nova Scotia where i took the ferry down to Maine, staying in hostels the whole way, great experience and grreat country. This was when i was 22, young and single.

yes i do like hells kitchen, little overdone but good, more a fan of top chef, not as dramatic and a much better quality chef on that show.

As an owner of a succesful business for 25 years, i also know that goodwill and doing right by the customer will get you much more business, it is a well known fact that if something negative happens to someone they will tell 10 people but if something positive happens most people only tell 1.

NCL Did the right thing by their own admission and now has a ton of goodwill with me, i in turn have called my mother and some friends to see if they want to join me on this cruise based on the outcome and they booked suites.

So it seems for a measly $200, NCl has done pretty well.

I will have a great cruise and i hope i down the road never have a customer relations problem with your business as i now know how it would be handled.

I agreed with everything you posted on this thread. Congratulations on taking the high road throughout this whole process and I'm so glad it worked out for you. I admired your attitude on the earlier thread as well. Enjoy your cruise.:)

Actually that is how it should work and will work in the future for any of the Dawn cruisers who were affected by the power outage. This is what i was told by Kevin Sheehan's office 20 minutes ago who is the CEO of NCL.

i was told that the only way to do the credit was individually, but as long as you are cruising with the same people who you were on the dawn with, you can combine them and should be able to as you all paid one fare for the dawn cruise. Again this only applies to people travelling together.

I am not sure why people think i am incorrect or going over the line when the CEO of NCl has told me they were wrong and would correct this issue for anyone booking from the dawn cruise who wants to do what i have done

I'm glad it worked out! I'm sure NCL's first response was what the normal rule is, but that doesn't always fit the situation.

Way to go, Mr. Sheehan. That $200 of goodwill goes a long way. What a class act.

Pieshops, have a great cruise. Everyone has their own way they might spend their credit in the way it suits them. Happy for you it worked out the way YOU hoped.

I love the Olympics, love Vancouver and am also a trained chef although I work in real estate, I dabble. I'd love to hear about the experience.

Again, have a great cruise. I don't know how old your daughter is? If she's little, you sure do have some good stories for her in the future!

As i was typing the last post i received a call from MR. Sheehan's office and they told me that they were going to credit the balance to the cabin and give me the full 50% i was entitled to.

I was also told, that this should not have happened, and i was totally right in my asking for my full 50% to be used in any way i deem fit whether that is taking the money off a Owners Suite or booking an inside cabin and basically cruising for free.

So to all the people out there who gave me a real hard time on this, thinking i was trying to get away with something, i guess NCL thinks otherwise and in this case that is the only opinion i really care about.

Thank you all who understood

I'm glad it all worked out for you. Have a great cruise!

Pieshops, I am glad you got the credit you were looking for. Having been in your shoes, I think you deserve it. :)

But I see the credit differently. You simply paid for all three fares by one payment. The fare is for each passenger. The credit has to be a credit for each passenger, not for the cabin. It is the only logical way to do it. Say, for example, the three people who were in one cabin each seperately booked a completely different cruise from each other. Could one person booking their cruise say they are entitled to the "excess" credit one of the other two did not "use" on the cruise they booked? I don't think they can or should be able to. Each passenger is still making use of their credit based made available to them on their fare, not of someone else. Essentially you are seeking to 'transfer" part of credit to another passenger.

At least the way I see it.

Good for you to get on top of booking the cruise. I haven't had time to take a look at next year yet. :eek:

Pieshops, I am so very glad that NCL came through for you. I admire you (you too, Duffman) for the way you handled the Dawn thing, and it looks like Karma is smiling on you, too! :)

You and your family sound like good people, someone I would like to be on a cruise ship with....with or without power!

I am not sure why people think i am incorrect or going over the line when the CEO of NCl has told me they were wrong and would correct this issue for anyone booking from the dawn cruise who wants to do what i have done

LOL...people are upset because they were wrong. People hate being wrong.

That's all. ;)

Congratulations to you. After how you handled the whole situation, it is my heart felt opinion that you deserve this good outcome. :)

Happy Sailing to you!! And Kudos to NCL for AGAIN, doing the right thing :) I am more impressed with NCL every day.

Well...I've been operating 2 successful businesses...for the last 35 years.

Any business owner will tell you...paying an "unforeseen expense" becomes a raise in price. A business that doesn't make money doesn't stay in business.

That's the way it is......

Enjoy your cruise!

I would think a company doing the right thing makes this more of a gain for them than a loss.

Congratulations on your success with the Corporate office. I would probably not be sailing NCL today, if I had not had a fare corrected by them a few years back. I guess the thing that this points out, is that reservation supervisors need to be given more authority.

Now I hope you will ask Laura to change the thread title to...

Happy Dawn Adrift cruiser to Not so happy cruiser To Happy Again

I agreed with everything you posted on this thread. Congratulations on taking the high road throughout this whole process and I'm so glad it worked out for you. I admired your attitude on the earlier thread as well. Enjoy your cruise.:)

I second this !!

I

Having sailed the Spirit, I'm sure your "free" cruise will be FANTASTIC

So glad it worked out for you. You were right from the beginning and showed everyone how to go about the process,maintaining your cool throughout the whole ordeal.

I 2nd the suggestion (especially after your results) for everyone who has this issue to contact NCL. My brother had a similar situation on our upcoming cruise. He had a $300 credit for problems encountered on a previous cruise. He was listed on our room as the 3rd passenger on this cruise and 3rd passenger price was $99.00. Of course, he's paying more the $99 because we are splitting the cost of the room equally. But when he tried to have his $300 credited, they told him that they couldn't credit more then he owed which was $99.00. He called customer relations, explained the problem, and they immediately approved the $300 credit. So I think this happens a lot and they will accomodate if you contact the right people.

Hope you have a great trip!

CG

Archived