Help with Debarkation!!!

stephic411

So I can not find out anywhere on the Carnival website what time our ship returns!..not sure if I am blind or what. There is a page that says the earliest you should book your flight on Debarkation day but I want to know exactly what time or about what time the ship will return. We are on the Ecstasy out of Galveston.

So I can not find out anywhere on the Carnival website what time our ship returns!..not sure if I am blind or what. There is a page that says the earliest you should book your flight on Debarkation day but I want to know exactly what time or about what time the ship will return. We are on the Ecstasy out of Galveston.

There is no set time. It depends on many factors, but as ships are very keen on getting rid of one lot of pax ready to load the next, they are usually in port between 6 & 7am.

Earlier this year, a UK cruise encountered rough seas and was several hours late debarking, which meant the arriving traffic clashing with those departing.

Disembarkation started around 8:30 when we came back on the Ecstasy Thanksgiving cruise. We were in group 14 and were in the parking lot by 11:00.

Ships can get delayed returning to port due to weather or other issues. Disembarkation can be delayed due to customs or other issues.

I would arrange for a mid-afternoon flight at earliest. You have to factor in travel time back to the airport in Houston.

They might get in before 7 am, but it takes a while for the Coast Guard to clear them for debarkation once they are in. Your ship could arrive at 6 am and allow debarkation at 7:30 am, starting with VIP (platinum, suites and those with early flights) for self debarkation. I am just off the triumph and it was 8:30 am before they called deck 6, even though it started about 7:30 am.

If you plan on using the numbering system and not doing self derkation, it might be as late as 9:30 am before you are off.

We usually choose early afternoon flights just to be sure we have enough time

12:30 or later - good luck!!!

Archived