Price Adjustments used for "Sail & Sign account"

smashedpumpkins

Hey,

So I had a $120 price adjustment made for me and my fiance on Nov 20th. ($60 per ticket) That same day I was charged the remaining balance for the cruise. (Before the price adjustment) I just realized I was never refunded the $120. I sent in an email and was told that the cash is non refundable and will be credited to my "Sail & Sign account". Even after the cruise ends I can not receive the cash back.

So my question... I do plan on buying two soda passes and maybe a nice dinner or two on the cruise. But I'm not sure how much more I'll buy. Am I really going to spend $120? I could of sworn I read somewhere that I'd get the cash back. Thanks for any information. This is our first cruise!

Randy

$120 will go fast. The soda cards are $6 per person per day plus 15% tips (plus taxes if you havent yet left port) You need to drink at least 3 drinks a day to get your moneys worth to me. You can use them for soda or cranberry juice or other juices.

Plus tips of $10 pp per day as others said ...Its pretty hard not to spend $120 on S&S.

$120 will go fast. The soda cards are $6 per person per day plus 15% tips (plus taxes if you havent yet left port) You need to drink at least 3 drinks a day to get your moneys worth to me. You can use them for soda or cranberry juice or other juices.

Plus tips of $10 pp per day as others said ...Its pretty hard not to spend $120 on S&S.

Okay cool. Are all tips automatically charged at the end of the trip? I thought I remember reading you left some tips at the end or something too. This may be dumb, but as I go how do I know how much I've charged to my Sail & Sign card? I'll be sure to grab the soda card once we've left port then.

I'm on a 4 day cruise on the Paradise.

http://www.carnival.com/Itinerary.aspx?embkCode=LAX&itinCode=LA0&durDays=4&shipCode=PA&subRegionCode=MB&sailDate=1/18/2010&sailingID=54650

Okay cool. Are all tips automatically charged at the end of the trip? I thought I remember reading you left some tips at the end or something too. This may be dumb, but as I go how do I know how much I've charged to my Sail & Sign card? I'll be sure to grab the soda card once we've left port then.

I'm on a 4 day cruise on the Paradise.

http://www.carnival.com/Itinerary.aspx?embkCode=LAX&itinCode=LA0&durDays=4&shipCode=PA&subRegionCode=MB&sailDate=1/18/2010&sailingID=54650

They charged my tips right away, not at the end. Maybe the tips you are thinking about are the ones over and above the $10 pp per day? Some tip the waiter or cabin steward or camp carnival extra, or the maitre d who isnt included on the $10 pp per day tips.

Tips plus the soda card and you will be over the $120 OBC you got so dont worry. If you dont spend it all, I usually can find some booze in the duty free shops to bring home or a couple of tee shirts I want.

You might not normally buy them at $22 each for an 8x10, but if you find yourself with left over credits towards the end of the cruise, have a couple taken and splurge on them. The ships photographers do a really good job.

They may do a good job, but overpriced is overpriced.

DW wrote out a comment card on Miracle recently over the photo prices - it was very irritating. Not everything on the ship is overpriced but the photos sure are. They definitely lost our business.

Archived