beach close to cruise port

eng4

Can someone pls suggest a beach... close to the cruise port that has chairs to rent, umbrella is a MUST, a bathroom and most important safe to hangout at for a few hours.

I'm on information overload right now and dont want to be stuck on stupid when I get off the ship. :confused:

Can someone pls suggest a beach... close to the cruise port that has chairs to rent, umbrella is a MUST, a bathroom and most important safe to hangout at for a few hours.

I'm on information overload right now and dont want to be stuck on stupid when I get off the ship. :confused:

Orient beach is the most beautiful beach I have been to. Im a beach girl and been to a lot. It has all things you just mentioned. Plus, place's to eat/drink. Its wonderful there. The only thing I should mention is that it is a clothing optional beach - just to warn you ahead of time. DH says Its about 30-40 mins cab ride and well worth it. I dont remember it being that long of a cab ride. But its a wonderful place! If you go to google there are a lot of photos of orient bech - just click on the image button.

Check out the Water Taxi Day Pass - $6.00 posting for a picture of St. Martin harbor. The downtown beach is the closest - the area to the right of the water taxi dock is the busiest, but there is a large area to the left as well. This beach has the advantage of being close to the ship, right by the shopping, and cheap beers by the can. I understand there are public restrooms. Orient Beach is lovely, but it's a good cab ride away - if you go there you should search this forum to find out exactly where to go on the beach - it's really enormous.

Depending how many ships are in port you should be able to see the beach from your ship. The way the crow flies, it is an easy ferry ride over to it. Behind the beach their are a few restaurants, each one owns the beach chairs and umbrella's that front their spot. The earlier you go the better the deal and spot you will get. We got two chairs, an umbrella, and a bucket of 6 beers for $20. We also used their facilities as well.

We would have stayed here all day, but it was the 1st of June, sunny and no breeze. We were baking so we decided to check out Orient beach, it's about a 20 minute cab ride from what I remember. It is well worth the trip. We had a pure ocean breeze and the beach itself was full of atmosphere, and lots to see :cool:. It was probably about 15 degrees cooler than on the Dutch side due to the breeze. I'm unsure if it is like this all the time? Definetely one of the best beaches in the Caribbean. Only negative was the price or our lunch, we had 2 entree's and I believe 2 drinks each and the total was $95.00 with tip. So it will be good to research your options if you plan on having lunch at Orient. Was a very good lunch though, and afterward we helped ourselves to an umbrella and chairs they had in front of the restaurant.

Archived