Parking at Ft Lauderdale cruiseport

mecb50

We are sailing next December out of Ft. Lauderdale. Could you tell me about parking at the cruiseport, or any of the hotels in the area, since we will have our car on this trip to Florida?

Mecb50 - I suggest you use Park N Fly (they have cruise parking too). We use them all the time (approx. $10 Per Day). The Port parking has gotten too expensive ($17 Per Day) They are right outside of Port Everglades and they take you right in and pick you up. It is 3-5 minutes from the ships. Also, if you book on-line they give you a discount and possibly a "covered" parking spot. I suggest you book ahead for December, as they fill up fast. You can also use AAA and get a discount that way if you pay on exiting. Good luck...

Mecb50 - I suggest you use Park N Fly (they have cruise parking too). We use them all the time (approx. $10 Per Day). The Port parking has gotten too expensive ($17 Per Day) They are right outside of Port Everglades and they take you right in and pick you up. It is 3-5 minutes from the ships. Also, if you book on-line they give you a discount and possibly a "covered" parking spot. I suggest you book ahead for December, as they fill up fast. You can also use AAA and get a discount that way if you pay on exiting. Good luck...

We just returned on a Nov 1 cruise from Ft. Lauderdale. Midport garage was $15 per day. OK for a seven day trip but could be big difference on longer cruises. We have used Park and Fly in the past and it was definitely cheaper. Only problem was with many people using P&F coming from the ships and going to the ships there might be delays in parking or retrieving your car. If you don't mind waiting for the pick up and/or your car, than this is an economical way to go.

There is a closer one Park-N-Go.Same deal,good service.Marriott has a new Fairfield Inn and Suites with a cruise package. $132. for the room and parking but they charge for the shuttle.Haven't used this yet but booked for Jan 9. A cab might be cheaper and more convenient than the shuttle as it is very close to the docks and the airport.

We have used the La Quinta Hollywood, where you can park your car for up to 30 days with a one night stay. They have a free shuttle to the cruise port, but no pick up service from there. The cost of a taxi was $23 + tip. It isn't fancy, but clean with helpful staff.

There is a closer one Park-N-Go.Same deal,good service.Marriott has a new Fairfield Inn and Suites with a cruise package. $132. for the room and parking but they charge for the shuttle.Haven't used this yet but booked for Jan 9. A cab might be cheaper and more convenient than the shuttle as it is very close to the docks and the airport.

Teajak -- We used park-N-Go once when they were in their old location and we were not impressed with the service. We waited an hour for them (after numerous calls) to pick us up upon return.

We really like Park N Go -- they were even waiting for us outside the ship when we returned on one cruise --Actually they are about the same 3 minutes from the ship as Park N Go. I will stick with Park N Fly... We have used them several times a year for about 6-7 years...

Archived