Running routes in Asia / India

Hobar

any suggestions for running routes in Dubai? Can i wear shorts to run? I try to run in every port and find it's a great way to see the city and then come back to ship to pick up my husband and return to the highlights.

Any chance the other ports we're visiting are safe enough for a woman to to run in alone?

Kuala Lumpur

Penang

Phuket

Sri Lanka

Cochin

Mumbai?

(We start in Singapore - i run around the National Gardens and throught the streets there.)

You might want to do some running around the ship instead.

A number of your ports do not have docks directly in the city. For example, in Kuala Lumpur, the ship docks at Port Klang which is 42 miles from KL. Phuket is a 20 min drive to town, Sri Lanka a 15 minute drive, Cochin 10 miles etc etc.

In Dubai, where I'm presuming you are getting off the ship and staying in a hotel? Ask the hotel concierge for his recommentdations on a running route or perhaps the hotel fitness centre.

When I stayed in KL a couple of years ago, I was able to get a running route map from the fitness centre.

Cheers

ging466

Yes, you can run in shorts in Dubai. Once on the ship, just ask for assistance with a map and a route or you can pull something off the internet prior to your trip.

Remember in many of these places it will get quite hot outside so be sure to consider the temperatures. You may be used to the heat since I see you list Arizona as your location.

Some of the cities will be safer than others. But I think it is a personal decison as to whether you run by yourself.

This is just my personal opinion but I would not consider a run in Mumbai. To me this is a city that is one to be quite careful whether running or walking and I wouldn't do it. I would not feel safe for a variety of reasons. And I would give the same advice to men or women.

Keith

i suspect that singapore and dubai might be the only running cities, but interesting to hear that perhaps KL too but need to get into KL first. oh well, i'll plan on wearing my running shoes and walking fast when i walk around. thanks!

• 1 month later...

In the centre of KL ( 15 mins walk from the tour drop off point at Pavilion Mall) there is a park called KLCC. At one side is the Petronas Towers and Suria shopping centre. Around the park there is a running track (we watched the locals running from our hotel room). Be warned it is very hot and sticky in KL.

Archived