"Lost" TV series filmed in Oahu

flashdog_1

G'day,

I cannot confirm if the waterfall shots are real or not but I can confirm that some of the Lost series is definitely shot on the island of Oahu. We recently stayed in a beach house almost directly opposite a place called the "Kualoa Ranch" Here is the website link .... http://www.kualoa.com/

They list all of the shows and films etc that have been shot in this area .....

Hope this helps

Cheers

David

Some of the scenes from lost are definetly shot on Oahu.

Take for example the broken down plane.

We did an excursion CAPTAIN BOB'S, out in the bay, and on the way back they cruised by the plane. Although a little over grown with brush, you can definetly make it out.

Don't know about the waterfalls.

Safe travels.

Thanks everyone.

We took the movie tour on Kuaui and learned that lots of movies supposedly set elsewhere are filmed there because of the beauty and lack of population.

I also have learned from reading cruise critic that some of the ads for helicopter tours of certain islands show waterfalls you'll see. NOT. Some of the waterfalls are from a different island. But you do see waterfalls from a helicopter over West Maui and Kuaui. I think you'd have to be a local to know the difference, or a tour guide!

Most of Lost was shot all over Oahu! Even the scenes of 'Korea', 'Australia', etc. Check out this website to learn more. We are planning on using it to create our own tour of a few of the more notable areas of Oahu they used for the series.

One of the waterfalls is in a park on Oahu:

http://www.lostvirtualtour.com/lost/filming_locations/waimeafalls/index.html

There is a tour, run by KOS Tours, I found that will drive you around the island. But, we are looking to save money on our pre-cruise stay on Oahu.

Enjoy!

They are real! They also shoot some scenes in Kauai (who doesn't though?!)....

James

James,

This is off subject but I know you can help with the answer. POA was scheduled to be in drydock next April. It was cancelled. Do you know when it will go next to drydock. I booked a cruise on the POA for April 2011 and I am now concerned about the drydock schedule. In case you think I worry for nothing, I was scheduled on the Pride of Aloha for June 2008 and well, you know what happened then. It was a horrible mess. We lost money on the airfare and the hotel. Since we did not book our flights and hotel with NCL, we were on our own. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks

• 3 weeks later...
Most of Lost was shot all over Oahu! Even the scenes of 'Korea', 'Australia', etc. Check out this website to learn more. We are planning on using it to create our own tour of a few of the more notable areas of Oahu they used for the series.

There is a tour, run by KOS Tours, I found that will drive you around the island. But, we are looking to save money on our pre-cruise stay on Oahu.

Enjoy!

We did Kos's LOST Hummer tour of Kualoa Ranch last April (http://www.hummertourshawaii.com/products). It was awesome. A lot of fun, and the owner Ed was a great guide!

We're going back in February and are tempted to do the circle island LOST tour that he has, though we've found many of the sites on our own last year (including Dharmaville).

We did Kos's LOST Hummer tour of Kualoa Ranch last April (http://www.hummertourshawaii.com/products). It was awesome. A lot of fun, and the owner Ed was a great guide!

We're going back in February and are tempted to do the circle island LOST tour that he has, though we've found many of the sites on our own last year (including Dharmaville).

Would love to know where you found the info to find the sites on your own? We are going to in Feb. too. I wanted to take the KOS tour, but since I'll be doing the tour on my own it's harder to get on. I know some of the places are on private property, but could you tell me how you found the rest?

Thanks!

Would love to know where you found the info to find the sites on your own? We are going to in Feb. too. I wanted to take the KOS tour, but since I'll be doing the tour on my own it's harder to get on. I know some of the places are on private property, but could you tell me how you found the rest?

Thanks!

THis appeared this morning in the Honolulu Advertiser (http://honoluluadvertiser.com)

Location has so much influence on the final product," she said. "When it is done well, as 'Lost' does it, it is done so subtly you don't realize how much that setting does to propel the story forward or give you insights into the characters."

While O'ahu's tropical rainforests and beaches serve as the primary set for the fictional island where "Lost" takes place, the many subplots of the show required location scouts to use their imagination.

With its diverse architecture, ethnic communities and urban landscapes, O'ahu is a malleable resource, Constantinau said — standing in for New York, Tunisia, Thailand and Korea. The show's producers estimate they've used hundreds of locations.

Digital imagery is also used, enabling "Lost" to plop the Sydney Opera House at the end of the Ala Wai Canal and replace an ocean view from Michel's with Niagara Falls.

"More than any other show filmed in the Islands, 'Lost' has taken a look at what resources are in the location department and has used them so nimbly and creatively, that it has opened people's eyes to Honolulu and the island of O'ahu as a production center," Constantinau said. "They have all these different settings that are supposed to be all over the world, and they have to do them here."

• 2 months later...

Enjoy!

Thanks for sharing this site!!

Archived