What to do when we get back in port?

brnibaby

I would do as mentioned. Sign up for a post cruise excursion of some kind. (city tour, everglades) Then your luggage will go with you on the bus. You'll be at the airport by 2:00 or so.

Or you could rent a car and drive to FLL and stop for lunch somewhere, check out the beach. Or rent and visit S. Beach in Maimi area.

Unless you can send your luggage to the airport early (check with your cruiseline), you are limited on what you can do lugging your bags around.

The Everglades tour (including an airboat ride, alligators, small zoo, lots of information) is the best post-cruise excursion I've ever done - and I've done it three times! Great tour guides, your luggage will be safely locked in the bus, and you'll be dropped off at the airport afterwards. Have fun!

OP: Sounds like you are more interested in doing something with your free time than being stuck in a hotel room. I could second the glades tour, see it while you still can, it is disapearing faster and faster each year or maybe spending the day on South Beach if the weather is good.

We just got back from a cruise in Miami and had 4:40 flights out of Ft Lauderdale. We rented a car from Alamo at the Miami Airport (around $30) and spent the day driving the city. We drove through South Beach, found a good parking place and walked the beach for awhile.

We have a daughter that is a Dolphin's fan, so we drove by the stadium to get pictures for her, then drove through looking at the sights of FLL. A very relaxing end to a great cruise.

Alamo allows you to rent at the Miami airport and return it at FLL with no charges. They also have a free shuttle from the port, but we didn't want to wait for it and took one of the many shuttles that are out there for $20 and they took us right to the pick up counter.

Good luck!

Thank you so much everyone. I talked with DH about the information given and we are going to go with the Everglades trip. We were looking for something fun to do and not be stuck in the airport. It is 6 degrees out right now and I am sure its going to get colder. We would like to be outside enjoying the warm weather as much as possible before heading back to the cold. Thank you again everyone!

Archived