SNOW! in the Northeast Tomorrow! BLIZZARD!

MrPete

I think I saw it's snowing next Friday. Might we have a white Christmas?

Pete, I'm watching very very close. If need be we may have to skip my wifes Parents house and spend Christmas in Florida. We take our cruises to heart here and they precedents over My wifes parents house.

If worst comes to worst, and you have the stomach for it, you could pull the straight-shot drive down 95 to Jax. Granted, you'd be driving *through* the weather ...

Oh don't try it! We in the DC area are handling the winter weather in our area just as usual. We have already sent out the important people (called ESSENTIAL folks) and also those who think they are essential == the ones who go out and get really stuck in a drift. All airports closed. Haven't heard about trains but could not get to station. The crazies are also out driving the wrong way on the street since only one little lane open if at all. Back to the fireplace.

Snow/rain line seems to be just north of Raleigh NC. Good for daughter who is a retail store manager. Let the shoppers come.

It's snowing and wind blowing like a blizzard here at the Jersey Shore in south Jersey. I'm not sure what time it started, but when I looked out during the night (maybe 3 a.m.?), the ground was fully covered with snow. It hasn't let up since, and I hear the worst is yet to come later today.

I can't believe my parent's flight left Ft. Myers a little while ago headed to Atlantic City. They are due to land around 1 p.m. I'm thrilled, but shocked. I'm planning to pick them up in Atlantic City (if I can get my car out of my street since they haven't plowed). I'm wondering if they are one of the last flights to try to make it into this area? The flight took off only about an hour late (it was late arriving FROM Atlantic City to Ft. Myers), but after it landed, my Mom said they boarded everyone in record speed. In fact, while they were waiting for their plane to arrive, they asked people with carry ons to bring them up to the counter and allow then to gate check them so they could board more rapidly when the plane got in.

Hoping to make it to the PRIDE---we are only 30min North of the port but the roads are terrible and they just declared a State of Emergency here in MD. Ravens moved game time to 4:15 but the Bears are stuck in Chicago

Thank God we are not driving far or flying anywhere.....

Hope some purchased cruise insurance if they need to cancel

I live in Silver Spring, MD part of Montgomery County just north of DC and about 40 miles from Baltimore. It is a mess here. We have about 10 inches and it is still snowing. It is also windy so we are in a white out as I type. They are saying it will take days to clean up.

I live about 20 minutes from center city Philadelphia in South Jersey...and it's blowing snow like crazy. Great view from the 10th floor here...but almost whiteout. I can see the trees across the small parking lot but only barely. It's about 24 degrees according to local weather.

I'd guess about 4-5" right now but blowing and drifting. Some cars with no snow at all, some piled high already.

Philly airport still open but many, many flight cancellations and even more delays (6 hours or more). Reagan/National in Washington DC is closed.

American, United, Delta have pretty much cancelled their flights in/out of Philly and Baltimore..... New York airports seem to be operating OK but with delays.

What a mess.

Good luck to all you intrepid travelers today.

DSC01299.jpg

DSC01301.jpg

my husband has been plowing since 8 am so that means that 2" must have fallen for him to get called in. he says you can't believe how many people are coming out to shop in a blizzard and are pissed because enough spots aren't cleared yet or it's covering up the spots as fast as he can clear it.

Western Suffolk... it's still very light .. faint..

We're on the South shore beaches of Long Island and it just started 10 minutes ago. Moderate flakes, moderate speed so far, not light here (we're West of you). I saw the grocery stores this morning:eek: We're well stocked but I was waiting for one of my kids at the dentist and there was a supermarket right next door so I wandered in to kill time. Went across the street to a liquor store instead:D If you're going to be snowed in soon, its nicer with a bottle of rum, I figured!

I'm actually looking forward to it. We'll all be home together soon. Planning to light the fire, watch some Christmas movies and get out the Monopoly board. I'm hoping for a white Christmas:)

Since you can't mess with Mother Nature might as well enjoy. It is fun to sit on CC and watch as the storm goes up the coast. Hope it does not come back around! We have 11 inches, my DD in Charlotesville, VA has 22 inches and DD in Raleigh, NC has 0 -- a little rain! Gives you the line.

I really would not count on this area clearing up very fast. It is like the 3rd or 4th worst snowstorm in history and it is not close to stopping yet. Pretty snow.

Best wishes to those dealing with travel.

Still snowin' and blowin' in southern New Jersey.....the people "in the know?" are predicting between 12 and 18 inches. I had spoken to my wife several months ago about taking the Pride out of Baltimore on the 20th. She's now saying what a "stupid idea that was and how glad she is that I didn't book it". The biggest problem with this storm for me is that now I am stuck in the house with her...LOL...:eek:

one hour from Baltimore:

[URL="http://outdoors.webshots.com/photo/2925866420104390106DvMdZS"][IMG]http://inlinethumb29.webshots.com/6620/2925866420104390106S600x600Q85.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

16 inches and still snowing hard:

[URL="http://outdoors.webshots.com/photo/2286081030104390106YZqpHH"][IMG]http://inlinethumb18.webshots.com/45201/2286081030104390106S600x600Q85.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

There's a street between the trees:

[URL="http://outdoors.webshots.com/photo/2799834560104390106tbxDTC"][IMG]http://inlinethumb50.webshots.com/46385/2799834560104390106S600x600Q85.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

Any word on Carnival's plan for Pride cruisers? I wonder if they will keep them onboard an extra night

Archived