Rhapsody questions

jerseysmom

We booked & paid for a cruise coming up on the Rhapsody. I picked it because it had such a great itinerary. Now I'm taking a look at the ship and am not finding some things I had hoped to find. I don't see an ice cream venue, coffee bar, specialty restaurants or Johnny Rockets/Seaview Cafe. Is this correct?

That's right--it's an older, smaller ship. But, there should be icecream in the WJ, and they serve it for dessert in the dining room (the real stuff---not frozen yogurt!) As far as coffee---I think you can order "fancy" stuff in the dining room, for a charge, but regular coffee is included--and is better in the dining room than in the WJ!

Hmmm. I took a look at the deck plans & didn't see a Cafe Lattetudes. But I didn't see it on the Vision deck plans either, and I know she had one (with Ben & Jerry's) when I sailed on her out of LA.

As for the other places, nope, not on the Vision class. I think Enchantment has Portofino, but she was stretched so they have room for extra amenties, including a Concierge Lounge.

Rhapsody has an ice cream (Ben & Jerrys) and Seattle Best Coffee. I believe it is on deck 6 or maybe 7. I guess all the ship information is old. I can't remember which deck, but I had coffee there several times, so I know it is there. No speciality restaurants. The food in the MD is very good IMO. She is a wonderful ship and the crew are the friendlest on the seas. If you are looking for an ice rink and all the new stuff you will be disappointed. She does have a covered adults only pool that is great for Alaska cruising.

Thanks for the info. I love all the alternate dining venues and was looking forward to Chops & Portofinos for some private dinners for DH & me. Glad to know about the ice cream & coffee venues tho. We've cruised several times on both Monarch & Radiance which have other dining besides WJ & MD so I guess I was just expecting them to be there.

Archived