Questions about Mariner of The Seas and Mexican Itinerary for April 2010

You will love the JS...lots of room (most like a hotel room!), with the large walk in closet and slightly larger bath (due to the tub)!...it's very comfortable!

You'll have to roam about the ship to find your "favorite" area....all were comfortable (for us) and each sailing is different....on some, there will be crowds in certain areas... on other saillings, no one seems to find certain spots....each cruise is totally different!

those are tuff questions , pretty subjective , but....

we like sail away on the heli pad at the front of the ship

like the solarium for quiet time for a drink or book or just kickback

love the ice show , a must do if you havent before

los veranos zipline tour in puerto vallarta

randi's happy horses/stone island in mazatlan

cabo....we did atv tour , but i hear dolphin experience is fun

these of course, are our likings so far...this coming april were not totally sure what were doing:D

i hope that helps just a little;)OH, have a dinner in either chops or portofino,you deserve it

dave

hi doc , i honstly dont remember which night it was on...you just gotta read the daily paper thingy (i cant believe i cant think of the name, i got carnival capers on the mind,sorry):o:)

in the caribbean on the mariner,you had to get tickets for the show, but in the mex riv they did it first come first serve,a little bit of a jungle:rolleyes:so get there early

i'm sure you'll catch it , and likely be impressed too:cool:

dave

About the Ice show What day was that on and do you make reservations for that or seats first come first serve

It is usually on at least 2 days with 4 presentations (same show). You get tickets for the show you want to attend and there is open seating. The purpose of the tickets is not to overload any one show. The ice show is one of the special things about Voyager, Freedom, and Oasis class ships. Don't miss it!!!

JS cabins are very nice - walk-in closets and nice balcony space. You should get upgraded toiletries (individual shampoo, conditioner, etc.) and a coffeemaker plus tea kettle.

Mariner isn't my favorite ship (OK, actually I don't like her much but she's all we have in LA now). But I loved the ice show and the jazz sessions that the orchestra played. The Promenade Cafe is a great place to grab a quick bite to eat during off hours (like 1:30 AM). The gym is very well-equipped with cardio and weight equipment.

In Cabo we usually just wander around and then find lunch - La Gardenia is a terrific little place off the beaten path. The Office on Medano Beach is very good but very pricey for the area.

In Puerto Vallarta the ship's excursion to Las Caletas is a nice beach day - it's about a 45 minute catamaran ride and a day of sun, food, open bar and activities (snorkelling, etc.) Or you could get a massage at the Krystal, a hotel within walking distance of the pier, or go to lunch at La Palapa, about a 15 minute ($12) cab ride.

In Mazatlan, we always get massages at Aroma Spa. 90 minutes will run from $21 to $40 in my experience. It's about a $6 cab ride to get there. Other people like to tour with Mazatlan Frank or go to Stone Island for the beach, drinks and shrimp.

We were on board the first week of December.

Loved the ice show - there were several showings no tickets required and plenty of seats.

If you have late seating, some of the evening shows are before dinner. Entertainment was good. We went on the backstage tour-very interesting.

Didn't do any of the specialty restuarants - food in the dining room was sufficient. Main pool areas were nice - hot tubs - fantastic. The Solarium area was nice if you just wanted to read.

In Cabo we snorkeled, walked around town and got back on ship. Mazaltan we did a city/spa tour with Mazaltan Frank - excellent - can not say enough good about it.

We finally zip lined in Puerto Vallarta - should have done it years ago.

You'll love the ship. Just take your time and enjoy each day.

I have no idea why...but Mariner is my FAVORITE ship.

We had a Jr Suite on the Aft. It was so cool to look out the back and enjoy the wake.....We loved the suite itself.

I found that on this ship CHOPS is the best out of all the CHOPS that are on the other ships. First class service...I hope they have the same crew for you.

Ice show is top notch...but it does depend a bit on the featured guest performers.

Not the best Johnny Rockets but it could be me...

Other things...

Like the Somelier in Vintages...size of the boat is good...Captain Per is the best at outrunning Hurricanes...awesome stateroom attendants. Room service was good...especially the wings and the chips and chorizo. Ports of call were fine.

Hope this helps. Not much...but just our quick thoughts.

hi doc , i honstly dont remember which night it was on...you just gotta read the daily paper thingy (i cant believe i cant think of the name, i got carnival capers on the mind,sorry):o:)

in the caribbean on the mariner,you had to get tickets for the show, but in the mex riv they did it first come first serve,a little bit of a jungle:rolleyes:so get there early

i'm sure you'll catch it , and likely be impressed too:cool:

dave

It is usually on at least 2 days with 4 presentations (same show). You get tickets for the show you want to attend and there is open seating. The purpose of the tickets is not to overload any one show. The ice show is one of the special things about Voyager, Freedom, and Oasis class ships. Don't miss it!!!

Thanks earthdog and papaT My GF will make sure IM there:rolleyes:

In Mazatlan, we always get massages at Aroma Spa. 90 minutes will run from $21 to $40 in my experience. It's about a $6 cab ride to get there.

Hey CritterChick I couldnt agree with you more about getting the massage in Mazatlan MY GF and I Had the 90min couples massage last month For$42 It was one of the best massages we have ever gotten My GF still talks about it (I think shes hinting that she wants to do it again next month) Then we did lunch over at fish tacos in front of the old opera house Highly recommend

BTW your favorite ship is Beautiful even with the water issues:)

randi's happy horses/stone island in mazatlan

I agree, if you like rustic places where locals like to go, this is the place for you.

In July, we had a great trip aboard the Ecocat catamaran in Cabo.

Have a great trip !! :)

Hello,

While not cheap the Las Caletas or Marietas excursion in PV, is well worth the money. It is a catamaran ride,unlimited food,beach,snorkling and other water sports and unlimited drinks. Operated by Vallarta Adventures but you ned to go through the cruise line.

See the cathedral and main market in downtown Mazatlan...about $6.00 per cab not per person. Cabo...walk around and take a boat ride around Los Arches. Gothrough the hotel Finisterra.

About the Ice show What day was that on and do you make reservations for that or seats first come first serve

I just got off the Mariner last Sunday. The Ice Show was shown 4 times throughout the week, once on Monday, twice on Wednesday, and once more on Friday. You don't need tickets to go to the show. Doors open 30 minutes before showtime. A line usually forms before the doors open. Don't miss it! The best show I have ever seen on a cruise ship!

I have no idea why...but Mariner is my FAVORITE ship.

We had a Jr Suite on the Aft. It was so cool to look out the back and enjoy the wake.....We loved the suite itself.

I found that on this ship CHOPS is the best out of all the CHOPS that are on the other ships. First class service...I hope they have the same crew for you.

Ice show is top notch...but it does depend a bit on the featured guest performers.

Not the best Johnny Rockets but it could be me...

Other things...

Like the Somelier in Vintages...size of the boat is good...Captain Per is the best at outrunning Hurricanes...awesome stateroom attendants. Room service was good...especially the wings and the chips and chorizo. Ports of call were fine.

Hope this helps. Not much...but just our quick thoughts.

Thank you for the response. This is an invitation cruise from Park West Gallery. They invited us several times in the last two years, and this time I am going. They are picking up the tab, and I guess have us in specialty dining restaurants, etc. I am looking forward to it, as we have only visited Mexico on the Caribbean side.

Hey CritterChick I couldnt agree with you more about getting the massage in Mazatlan MY GF and I Had the 90min couples massage last month For$42 It was one of the best massages we have ever gotten My GF still talks about it (I think shes hinting that she wants to do it again next month) Then we did lunch over at fish tacos in front of the old opera house Highly recommend

BTW your favorite ship is Beautiful even with the water issues:)

There's no reason not to do it again! We'll be there on 12/30 and again on 1/19.

And Radiance isn't quite my favorite ship. That honor goes to her sister, Jewel.:)

Archived