Seattle Light Rail to Seattle Monorail

hellokittyluver

Does anyone know if you can take the Seattle Light Rail from the airport and then get on the Seattle Monorail at Westlake Shopping Center to hotels located near the Space Needle with rolling carryon luggage?
You could, but the walk from the Seattle Center monorail stop to any/most of the hotels in that area would be fairly long.

Also note that the Monorail is not part of the regular Sound Transit/Metro public transit system, and transfers don't exist between the Monorail and anything else. You'll have to pay another fare for the Monorail.

Depending on your hotel, a normal bus is likely to get you closer, too, since the Monorail pulls into Seattle Center itself right by the Space Needle.

Monorail rates (Google Seattle Monorail if more info needed)

Round-trip fares are $4.00 for adults, $1.50 for youth ages 5-12, $2.00 for senior 65+, disabled, and persons with Medicare cards. One-way rates are 1/2 of the round-trip price. Children 4 and under ride free.

Here is another thread that the person was a Hilton's Honor member...the Hampton is going to be north of the Downtown Hub and quite a ways from other downtown attractions. I also attached a map to the thread.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1106083

Monorail rates (Google Seattle Monorail if more info needed)

Round-trip fares are $4.00 for adults, $1.50 for youth ages 5-12, $2.00 for senior 65+, disabled, and persons with Medicare cards. One-way rates are 1/2 of the round-trip price. Children 4 and under ride free.

Here is another thread that the person was a Hilton's Honor member...the Hampton is going to be north of the Downtown Hub and quite a ways from other downtown attractions. I also attached a map to the thread.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1106083

Wow, they dropped the rates. It was $4.00 one way a few months ago. Probably did it to up ridership in the poor economy.

You may find that a bus is faster, cheaper and require less walking. One fare from the airport is all you'll need. Route planner is here. Just put in SEATAC as your starting point.

http://tripplanner.kingcounty.gov/cgi-bin/itin_page.pl?resptype=U

The buses at the airport that go downtown are being phased out (to be completely gone by February, I believe), due to the inception of light rail. They will still go south to Kent and Federal Way, but will stay on the freeway and bypass SEA-Tac completely, so that will no longer be an option for you.

Thanks for the info. The end of the line for the light rail is the Westlake Shopping Center, right?
Yes, for the time being. Northern extension (to the University of Washington and Northgate Mall) is in early design stages, with construction starting in ?2012?

As for bus route 194, I personally hold the view that it will be reinstated almost as soon as it's discontinued. Ridership on the light rail is not meeting proforma projections, plus 194 makes stops and serves businesses not replaceable by the train.

Yes, for the time being. Northern extension (to the University of Washington and Northgate Mall) is in early design stages, with construction starting in ?2012?

As for bus route 194, I personally hold the view that it will be reinstated almost as soon as it's discontinued. Ridership on the light rail is not meeting proforma projections, plus 194 makes stops and serves businesses not replaceable by the train.

I'd like to say that I agree with you but, with all of the budget and service cuts, I don't think that will be the case. The $0.25 fare increase that is coming in two weeks is not going to begin to make up their budget shortfalls, so I think those changes (once made) will stay in force for the foreseeable future.

Archived