PLEASE ANSWER!! ("PRICING")

I've asked this question several times on other threads, but I haven't received any responses. I've read the postings regarding TA discounts etc. and "new policies" by RCCL and others, but I'm sorry I still don't understand where I find a "base amount" with which to compare another amount. I understand it's bad manners to discuss price on these boards and won't breach this etiquette, BUT how do I go about finding the RCCL (or other) price as versus the price a TA might offer? I've tried RCCL website but apparently am not looking in the right place! Sorry to be dense about this, but I haven't understood the postings I've read, most likely because cruising is relatively new to me. Thanks for all your help. :confused:

i have looked all over the internet and have found that the price that rccl gives you is the price that the agents are giving. the difference in some is that they give you bonus's like the one i use is giving me $425 credit on mastercard but it is mailed out the week we are on the cruise.

we booked on board last week while we were on the explorer got a $100 on board credit if you want email me privately if i haven't explained correctly

mortypro@aol.com

RCI provides its agents with pricing programs and contracted promotional fares to offer customers, which are discounted from the regular fares on its web site. Different agents may have different access to offer these discounts, and they do not apply to every cabin on every cruise.

I am still waiting for someone to show the policy. Everyone can tell you what it says but not show you. As you can see by the prices offered by different TA's, there is still a lot of competition and most bet RCI's fares. So what is the policy.

I too was trapped by a TA's discounted pricing. Then backed out luckily! We were trying to find out why one particular Pennsylvania TA was able to get the price $300 cheaper than any other. We later found out that they were working the system. RCI has a flat rate for the TA. The TA has to find clever ways to work the system though. What they TA told our group leader was that they would charge everyone the full amount requested by RCI. Then within 6-8 weeks we would all get a Gift/Credit card in the mail with the $300 balance on it. Like a prepaid credit card. RCI would see that we paid the full amount requested. They would not be aware of the rebate the TA was giving out. We thought that giving the full amount to the TA, then waiting to get a sort of refund, was kind of sketchy! We went with a different TA, we chose Liberty Travel.

We B

I think you jumped away from the standard good deal being offered. Many TA's are offering overnight stays etc. I think that is becoming pretty standard.

The RCCL price is not the discount price. It is the standard TA price and there is another level of pricing available to prime TA's. The difference isn't great but it exists.

The discussion of who has the best price is not a legitamate topic for the boards... Definately off limits, but if you look around and write prices down while surfing the net you will find relatively the same low price at several stores.

I also think it is still too early to tell what the agents will do to sell and compete in the market. There will be several tests of the limits until the equilibrium can be found.

I am not sure why policy matters much. I think bottom line matters more. I went to RCI and to the travel web site exp.... and the other was much less. RCI was $200 more for a JS and $300 more for a D1, plus the travel web site gave me a $200 gift card. My step-mother (who is a TA) quoted me RCI prices.

• 1 month later...

I really, really appreciate the input and will follow up on the links provided. I think perhaps I've STILL not explained my question adequately. I am not looking for a "policy" or a "discount" at this time, just for info as to where I get the cruise line's price. For example, if my TA quotes a (hypothetical) price of $1,000, I need to know where to find the cruise line's price so that I can compare. I think perhaps I'll find the info in one of the links. Thanks. Happy Cruising!! ML :)

TAs will rebate money back for RCL cruises. We have 2 RCL cruises booked this year. My TA will charge me the full fare and I will pay the full fare to RCL. Then after I go on the cruise my TA will mail me a check back which is basically her discounting her commission and rebating some of it back to me. The TA was not trying to trick you who was going to do this for you. A lot of the on line agents are now rebating their customers. They don't want to lose the business and see all their customers book directly with RCL in the future.

When you go to the RCCL just "pretend" that you are starting to book a cruise - (start a reservation) - it will give you different options on catagories, etc. --- it will then show the prices. I always check the pricing to see if it goes down before our cruise - then call our TA! Jan

I really, really appreciate the input and will follow up on the links provided. I think perhaps I've STILL not explained my question adequately. I am not looking for a "policy" or a "discount" at this time, just for info as to where I get the cruise line's price. For example, if my TA quotes a (hypothetical) price of $1,000, I need to know where to find the cruise line's price so that I can compare. I think perhaps I'll find the info in one of the links. Thanks. Happy Cruising!! ML :)

You can go to RCCL website and put in the cruise that you are looking at in their find a cruise box. This will give you pricing for that aprticular cruise and will break it down by room categories. Hope this helps..

http://www.royalcaribbean.com

Archived