Do you think Royal expected all the Oasis inugural stuff on eBay?

Seems like those on the first cruise are selling everything that wasn't nailed down. I even saw some of the Welcome Aboard signs -- how did they get those?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ROYAL-CARIBBEAN-OASIS-OF-THE-SEAS-WELCOME-EVENT-PLUS_W0QQitemZ320457453750QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item4a9cc0b0b6

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=220529336790&ssPageName=ADME:B:SS:US:1123

Doesnt suprise me as people are always selling items that I would never think of to sell One mans garbage is another mans treasures

What amazes me is people are selling there left over RCCL coupon bookssmiley1065.gif

I don't think they gave it much thought. And I doubt very much that they care. The items served their purpose. RCI got the money they were asking for the items that were sold onboard. Not much else to consider from their point of view......

I don't think they gave it much thought. And I doubt very much that they care. The items served their purpose. RCI got the money they were asking for the items that were sold onboard. Not much else to consider from their point of view......

The more widely this stuff spreads, the more free advertising RC gets.

I agree with TW. From RC's point of view, there is no down side to this. (unless people are STEALING stuff - thus the new system of having to swipe out your pool/beach towel)

I believe it's called theft. My M&M signs were taken off our door twice. later some showed up on Ebay. Maybe mine - maybe not.

My point was that those Welcome to the Oasis... banner signs were not "sold onboard." Neither was most of the rest of sold.

My point was that those Welcome to the Oasis... banner signs were not "sold onboard." Neither was most of the rest of sold.

If RCI was concerned about the "Great Oasis Heist of 2009" :D, I think there would be cameras, etc that could catch the culprets in the act. Lots of promotional items are given away to frequent cruisers. What happens to them after they leave the ship are not going to concern RCI much. I agree with the poster who pointed out that they are doing their job of promoting RCI if they are being circulated and advertised on a site with all the "viewers" of E-bay.

Those travel agent promotional books were not meant to be sold, they were promo items and RCl should severely limit what they give travel agents. I noticed many items stated they were only given to TA's so it was the only way to get it. RCL could figure out who these TA"s are and write to them stating no more promo's if you're selling them.

...RCL could figure out who these TA"s are and write to them stating no more promo's if you're selling them.

Why? RCI is giving them away. Most "gifts" don't come with strings attached. RCI gives things to TA's to encourage said TA's to book clients on RCI ships. What the TA's then do with the items is up to them.....

How on earth would it benefit RCI to threaten the very people whose good will they are courting with the promo item in the first place? :D

Maybe thats why RCCL did not give away alot on the Inaugural cruise that said Inaugural cruise. They all say Inaugural Season. I think we recieved one frame saying this was the Inaugural cruise and a picture of the Ship. I think sad for a Inaugural Sailing!

Doesnt suprise me as people are always selling items that I would never think of to sell One mans garbage is another mans treasures

What amazes me is people are selling there left over RCCL coupon bookssmiley1065.gif

I have one better. Before the ship arrived to Florida, someone had the pdf brochure for sell on Ebay. I wrote them an email and said they had some nerve selling something that anyone can get for free by simply logging on to the RC site. Not surprisingly, they never responded.

Maybe thats why RCCL did not give away alot on the Inaugural cruise that said Inaugural cruise. They all say Inaugural Season. I think we recieved one frame saying this was the Inaugural cruise and a picture of the Ship. I think sad for a Inaugural Sailing!

Strange thing.. on the 4 day Labadee Extravaganza they gave Inaugural Sailing Oasis of the Seas Beach Towels as a gift but they didnt give them out on the Inaugural sailing.:confused:

Hysterical! More power to him/her!

I remember looking at my paper foldout of the The Oasis with the little neighborhood cards you afix to it and the first thing I thought was, "hmmm, I bet I could sell this on eBay!" But one idle evening I afixed the cards to the neighborhoods then tried to slip it behind the wall art in my cabin, to hold it up like a picture on the wall but it got caught on something and when I pulled it down, it ripped in half. I shrugged my shoulders and tossed it in the trash.

BTW ... I could never get a piece of it out from behind the picture though! I imagine it will cruise there forever or until they change out the wall art 'cuz it was STUCK! :D

I have one better. Before the ship arrived to Florida, someone had the pdf brochure for sell on Ebay. I wrote them an email and said they had some nerve selling something that anyone can get for free by simply logging on to the RC site. Not surprisingly, they never responded.

Hahaha! Did they sell it?

After the toasted sandwich was sold on ebay for 28 000 $ nothing surprises me anymore.

It is their stuff, they can do whatever they want with it, give it away, burn it, trash it, stuff it or put it on Ebay. I don't think it is sad, or bad. I certainly don't care that these things are popping up on E Bay. What else can you do with 35 - 60 coupon books, C &A gifts, cruise Compasses etec etec. The sellers are probably laughing all the way to the bank.

Annieeee

Archived