Itineraries to avoid

I also don't love San Juan, but when we have been there, it is usually a 4pm arrival with no time for an excursion. My favorite stops are Nassau, St. Thomas, Grand Turk, and Cozumel.

I agree. I don't like San Juan as POC much at all. I've been there a few times, and there's nothing else I really want to do there.

Avoid:

Somalia

any itinerary that includes icebergs

any itinerary that tells you what time it is your turn to row

LOL !!!

OK, in order of preference:

Lisbon, Portugal

St. Maarten

St. Thomas (shopping & mountain)

Cancun/Cozumel

Ocho Rios, Jamaica (bobsled !):eek:

Staying on the ship :D

Antigua

San Juan (not my "fort"e)

CocoLocoCay;)

Nassau

Labadee (the best "sun of a beach" is gone for those of us in steerage...)

I'll take sea days over ANY port day, anytime.

When I want to see, experience, get a feel for a place, discover the culture, mingle with locals, I'll spend more than 1 day at the nearest shopping center and then claim I was THERE and saw and experienced everything.

That's why I chose a cruise on how many sea days are included, not how many quick look stops are included. Then again, when I do go on a vacation to a new part of the world, I go for 3-4 weeks. Perhaps I'm different. :)

Asia/Africa/Asia 4 weeks

Asia 4 weeks x 2

South America 4 weeks x 3

Europe anywhere from a quick weekend trip to see a football game to as long as 5 weeks

Africa 2-3 weeks x 2

Caribbean Islands 1-2 weeks x ?

Middle East 3-4 weeks x 3

I feel very fortunate that I got to do all this. I'm not trying to brag, but I just don't get the 1 day stops on a cruise ship. I love cruising, but I love it for cruising, not for few hours at foreign ports.

I will never go to Jamaica again,I find it to be dirty,people our pushy,rude,and always have a hand out.

sounds like LOS ANGELESsmiley1478.gif

Can you imagine all that in a poor developing country;)

Soon they might be getting K-mart so things might be looking up...ME THINKS:D

Carnival Dream will be docking there...oh no it's RCCL Oasis of the Seas.

I'll take sea days over ANY port day, anytime.

When I want to see, experience, get a feel for a place, discover the culture, mingle with locals, I'll spend more than 1 day at the nearest shopping center and then claim I was THERE and saw and experienced everything.

That's why I chose a cruise on how many sea days are included, not how many quick look stops are included. Then again, when I do go on a vacation to a new part of the world, I go for 3-4 weeks. Perhaps I'm different. :)

Asia/Africa/Asia 4 weeks

Asia 4 weeks x 2

South America 4 weeks x 3

Europe anywhere from a quick weekend trip to see a football game to as long as 5 weeks

Africa 2-3 weeks x 2

Caribbean Islands 1-2 weeks x ?

Middle East 3-4 weeks x 3

I feel very fortunate that I got to do all this. I'm not trying to brag, but I just don't get the 1 day stops on a cruise ship. I love cruising, but I love it for cruising, not for few hours at foreign ports.

1. RCI offers few if any 14+ day long cruises so I guess you'll be taking your business elsewhere.

2. Hard to meet locals on a sea day

3. Not helping OP

1. RCI offers few if any 14+ day long cruises so I guess you'll be taking your business elsewhere.

2. Hard to meet locals on a sea day

3. Not helping OP

I love cruising, but I love it for cruising, not for few hours at foreign ports.

I thought I made that clear.... ;)

Just my 2 pesos worth that Costa Maya was one of my fav ports. We did a private all-inclusive beach (check out the threads on the Ports-of-Call>Costa Maya boards) and we were delighted. I especially liked that there was NOT alot of commercial silliness at this small place. Oh, and I'm not not a big port person. My motto has been "The SHIP IS the destination" for some time now.

Yes, why are you asking?

I avoid Ocho Rios because I would rather spend a week in Jamaica than a day in port.

Not fair, I am a local.

I avoid Cabo unless I can visit a Mission or an orphanage.

I avoid Ensenada because of too many trips to Papas and Beer

Hey koolj, do you walk around the orphanage in a bikini top and your favorite skinny jeans?! :eek: ;)

Hey koolj, do you walk around the orphanage in a bikini top and your favorite skinny jeans?! :eek: ;)

I am not that cruel a person to wear a biniki top. Those poor kids have enough to deal with;):eek:

Danced on the bar...no I mean in the bar, wearing skinny jeans.

I am not that cruel a person to wear a biniki top. Those poor kids have enough to deal with;):eek:

Danced on the bar...no I mean in the bar, wearing skinny jeans.

Yeah, yeah, you mean you danced on a bar in a bar. (I'll admit to doing that about 3 months ago...first time, along with my 50-year-old sister, lol.)

I wanna cruise with you!! :) ::hic::

After narrowly evading an attempted armed robbery aboard a ship sponsored excursion on a tour bus (the driver and the guide were in on it) loaded with me, my 68 year old mother and a large group of sr citizens, and a single retired German military officer (with skills!!!) I will never, never, ever get off the ship on the Caribbean side of Panama EVER again.

As far as the other ports around the world......I am on a cruise ship with all my reasonable needs being met for me...Any where, any time.

We just returned from a stop in Ocho Rios, Jamaica. We were literally mobbed by the taxi drivers. They would not take "no thanks" for an answer and surrounded us as we tried to just walk into town. Eventually the Jamaican police came with their sirens on to break it all up. We walked to the corner near town and came back to the ship.

Grand Cayman, the next stop, has its taxi drivers but listen when you say "no thanks".

Yeah, yeah, you mean you danced on a bar in a bar. (I'll admit to doing that about 3 months ago...first time, along with my 50-year-old sister, lol.)

I wanna cruise with you!! :) ::hic::

Now thats what I call having fun on a cruise.................Me thinks you all would be fun to cruise with

Archived