Lost my cabin

shunga

This thread is interesting to me. I always use my PVP to book my cruises. My next cruise is booked for May. Before this one, I always paid in full at the time of booking. This one though, I just paid a deposit and the balance is due Feb 23rd. I had been wondering if I would be sent a bill or an online reminder. I was going to call about it next week lol.

I have been on Carnival, NCL and RCL and have never had anyone call me to tell me that my final payment was coming up so you were right to read all these comments.

You never know what you learn here.

Lost my cabin when my TA and cruise line failed to notify me that my final payment was due. I had paid deposit with my credit card and assumed that it would be charged again at final. Only found out that there might be a problem when I checked my credit card and didn't see a charge this month. I then called the TA. Was able to rebook in the same category for the same fare as my original booking (saving $450pp versus today's quoted fare) but in a far less desireable location. Am I justified at being really angry about this? What do you think the TA should do now, if anything? FWIW this is the 8th cruise we've booked with this agent and she is a personal friend.

Lucky you did not loose your deposit.

I put the final payment date on my calendar, and I expect my TA to do the same. With computers, it's easy to set up a tickler reminder.

In defense of the original poster, my question would be why even use a TA if they're not going to stay on top of things like this for you? They lose commissions when cruises aren't paid for in full.

Roz

Archived