Organic fruits and vegetables

Yes We Can

It's unlikely that CCL or any line uses organic fruits or veggies. By their nature, organics are different from the genetically modified foods found in most stores in that they are not engineered for a long shelf life. That means that organic food would not last as long in storage and would not be really all that practical for ships, particularly those with longer itineraries.

i believe organic is no pesticides,no growth hormones no kind of anything but how mother nature intended it to be . i personally don't eat all organic but my dd has since she was born (18 months old now). we just started letting her have some non organic stuff. think of this the reason you see kids today looking older ex.girls like 8 or 9 starting to get breasts . REASON : GROWTH HORMONES IN THE MEATS THEY EAT

i believe organic is no pesticides,no growth hormones no kind of anything but how mother nature intended it to be . i personally don't eat all organic but my dd has since she was born (18 months old now). we just started letting her have some non organic stuff. think of this the reason you see kids today looking older ex.girls like 8 or 9 starting to get breasts . REASON : GROWTH HORMONES IN THE MEATS THEY EAT

Pesticides are used, they just aren't chemical...they're natural. I'm not an expert by any stretch of the imagination, but many believe organic means no pesticides, and that's simply not true. Hadn't thought about the growth hormone thing in meat, but it is definitely food for thought.

I meant to ask if the fruits and vegetables on Carnival Cruise Lines are "USDA Certified Organic" but I guess there are not. Here at home I only eat USDA Organic fruits and vegetables. I am 100% Vegan and I want to make sure I eat right so I can live a long cancer free life:rolleyes:

I meant to ask if the fruits and vegetables on Carnival Cruise Lines are "USDA Certified Organic" but I guess there are not. Here at home I only eat USDA Organic fruits and vegetables. I am 100% Vegan and I want to make sure I eat right so I can live a long cancer free life:rolleyes:

Good luck with that!

By "regular fertilizer" I assume that you mean the chemically produced nitrogen fertilizer that has been in use since WWII? I buy organic apples (they are smaller and taste a world of better) and other produce, and to me, "regular fertilizer" means manure or organic plant matter left in the soil from crop rotation. Some organic produce look and taste the same as conventional, except for price. With others, the difference in taste and effect on the palette is extraordinary. For a simple taste test, do a double-blind test (participants blind-folded and do not let them know which fruit at the moment they are tasting) with some friends and family between organic pears and conventional pears. After that, you and your family will never buy conventional pears again.

I never buy pears or apples at the store. I just wait for my family to send them to me from Harry & David for any special occasion! ( Clean Your Own Carpet Day, Pick Up Dog Poop Day, Wipe Off Computer Screen Day, Cook An Actual Meal Day, etc.)

Just got some H&D apples and pears a few days ago. YUM! (Sadly, all gone now). However, Day After New Year's Day is coming up soon!

Hmmm, who followed the cow around to make sure it was organic? And was the butcher germ free?

Most small, family farms that are organic are so because the farmer is passionate about his product and about farming organically. I trust that the organic products I buy from small producers and co-ops are indeed organic (they are certified organic by a third party and, thus far, have good reputations). Many large producers (i.e. factory farms) have jumped on the organic bandwagon to gain some of the marketshare, but I don't think they believe that organic is any better than "conventional" produce as many consumers of organic products do. As to your last point: I'd venture to say that no butcher is "germ free". All meat, organic or not, has the possibility of carrying germs just from the mere fact that meat comes from animals. The concerning factors are whether or not the utmost care was used at slaughter and processing not to taint the meat with bacteria from the intestinal tract of the animal or from improper sanitation. Again, these are concerns whether or not meat is organic.

My grandfather ate every thing on God's green earth including tons and tons of sugar and pestiside sprayed fruit. He was overweight/ never exercised/ and loved to sit and watch TV. He got a Happy 100th year Birthday card from the President of the USA. And died at the age of 101.

My brother [70 years old] lives a "strictly organic", healthy lifestyle and exercises every day and takes multiple vitamins daily. He's had two types of cancers and has a heart condition.

Go figure!!!!!! What's the answer? Is it genetics [not always], is it luck [mostly], is it eating right and exercising [within limits].......who knows.......Cruise and be merry!

In answer to the OP's question, NO, the cruiselines do NOT purchase organic foods.

It's the "Non" Organic food that we eat that give us Cancer :mad:

I believe it is also the chemicals and artificial preservatives as well as the processing of foods (that strips the nutrients) that play a hand in the cancer rates as well. A hundred or more years ago, milled grains and fresh produce had very short shelf lives......giving way for processing of grains (removing the germ and the bran thus creating white flour), refridgeration, additives such as chemical preservatives and other non-food ingredients, and voila! Faster food was born. Now (in the United States, anyway) we have more people well fed who are living longer but are slowly dying of diseases such as cancer, heart disease and diabetes. Whereas before people lived shorter lives and died quickly of starvation, malnutrition, and infectious diseases. Not sure which is better or worse. We seem to have unknowingly traded one set of problems for another.

Check out Penn and Teller's Showtime show on organic foods. I almost wet myself laughing.

They took a fruit, cut it in half, then placed it on two plates. They told people one was organically grown and one was regularily grown. They asked organically grow foods people to pick the one they liked best. They all seemed to think the "organically" grown one was better tasting, looked better, had a better texture, etc, and would happily pay more for it.

It's the "Non" Organic food that we eat that give us Cancer :mad:

So, smoking organic tobacco is good?

What about good old organic cow poo with E.coli that is used on organic vegetables???

More E.coli from organic vegetables than the other.

Could you point to a scientific sturdy the says organic apples cause less cancer than non organic apples?

http://www.consumerfreedom.com/news_detail.cfm/h/2334-busting-the-myth-of-organic-food

Check out Penn and Teller's Showtime show on organic foods. I almost wet myself laughing.

They took a fruit, cut it in half, then placed it on two plates. They told people one was organically grown and one was regularily grown. They asked organically grow foods people to pick the one they liked best. They all seemed to think the "organically" grown one was better tasting, looked better, had a better texture, etc, and would happily pay more for it.

OMG! I can only imagine:D

Are you refering to this?

(warning, it does contain strong language:rolleyes:)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Zqe4ZV9LDs

So, smoking organic tobacco is good?

What about good old organic cow poo with E.coli that is used on organic vegetables???

More E.coli from organic vegetables than the other.

Could you point to a scientific sturdy the says organic apples cause less cancer than non organic apples?

http://www.consumerfreedom.com/news_detail.cfm/h/2334-busting-the-myth-of-organic-food

So, if apples cause cancer, and organic apples cause less cancer..

I will just stay away from all apples;)

Are you refering to this?

(warning, it does contain strong language:rolleyes:)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Zqe4ZV9LDs

Yeah, that is it. I recommend the whole show. The language could be considered rough.

This is my favorite show so far. Again, Language warning.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a9J1b3MqiX8 (This one is on people who will only accept the best)

The bottled water one is pretty funny too.

Archived