Specality Restaurant Charges

gabbyisadog

We are taking our first AZ cruise 9/10. Just got back from a cruise and read about new program but missed the part about speciality restaurants.

Please update me on the changes. Was $5.00 pp for tips. Has that changed?

Thanks

Hi Gabby !

When the changes take place, the charge for Speciaty Dining, will be $15.00 per person (the current 5.00 pp gratuity is being dropped). If you are staying in a Suite, it will be complimentary. I hope this helps. Enjoy your Cruise.

So that is an increase of $20 per couple. This is offset by included gratuities and complimentary housewine - well worth it for me. We loved the specialty dining rooms and their great food and service.

Hi Maryann !

That's how I read it also. If you deduct the current $5.00 PP Gratuity, it's actually costing $10 PP more than it does now. For such an outstanding meal and service, I feel it is still a bargain. This type of meal would cost significantly more... into the hundreds of dollars, if you dined at a comparable land-based restaurant !

With that said, I will continue to add a Gratuity, should excellent service be offered, but that is a personal preference.

from the Azamara email I received today regarding the New Azamara club specialty dining charges appears no change

specialty_dining_hdr.gif

Simply upon entering one of Azamara's specialty restaurants, you will know that something extraordinary is about to happen, and you are in the fortunate position to reap some very delicious rewards. Aqualina and Prime C, our two specialty venues, offer guests a dining experience unlike anything else at sea (as well as rivaling those on land).

Guests who have booked a stateroom will receive two nights of complimentary specialty dining, and guests staying in a suite will receive three nights of complimentary specialty dining. Additional complimentary reservations will be accommodated on a space-available basis. Please note that all guests that dine in either specialty restaurant will be charged a recommended gratuity of $5 per guest per night.

Aqualina

Inspired by the coastal cuisines of Italy, Greece, France, Spain, and northern Africa, one could best describe the fare of Aqualina as a grand fusion of Mediterranean flavors. Savor dishes drawn from the abundance of the region’s seas, simply prepared yet exceedingly delicious. The atmosphere is every bit as tasteful, with accents of silver, cream and blue, all surrounded by breathtaking ocean views.

Amid the glorious dark woods, warm lighting and soft leather chairs at Prime C, you will find tender cuts of prime beef and fresh seafood that have been transformed into epicurean works of art. The sauces and garni are bold and innovative. The floor-to-ceiling ocean views, magnificent. Relax, sip your favorite wine and enjoy a dining experience that's sure to exceed your expectations, every time.

:D:D:D:D

SFL, so glad that you mentioned this because we received the same email. Do you suppose that Azamara is listening and changed their policy back to the way it was before. All of the other changes that had been mentioned in their major announcement were in the email.

Any comments?

Linda

we just got off 24 days on the Quest; we ate extensively in the specialty restaurants; there was always, but only, a $5.00 surcharge per person, whether you call it a tip or not; none of our dinners was "complimentary", suite or no. it was still worth every penny, and the overall cruise had the best ship board dining we've ever had; I even ate at the buffet on several occasions, something I am usually loathe to experience; other passengers to whom dining seemed to be of importance concurred that the food was overall excellent.

actually, with the exception of shore excursions, expensive and sometimes downright awful, it was a tremendous cruise overall.

SFL, so glad that you mentioned this because we received the same email. Do you suppose that Azamara is listening and changed their policy back to the way it was before. All of the other changes that had been mentioned in their major announcement were in the email.

Any comments?

Linda

I got the same email. When I followed the link to the "new" Azamara website, I clicked on specialty dining. Surprise - nothing had changed. Same $5.00 tip per person. Nothing about a different arrangement for suites. Hmmm. I wonder if they haven't gotten the website updated or they've changed their plan. Time will tell, I guess.

This should be called a crawlout rather than a rollout of a new program. How sloppy!

I got the same email. When I followed the link to the "new" Azamara website, I clicked on specialty dining. Surprise - nothing had changed. Same $5.00 tip per person. Nothing about a different arrangement for suites. Hmmm. I wonder if they haven't gotten the website updated or they've changed their plan. Time will tell, I guess.

This should be called a crawlout rather than a rollout of a new program. How sloppy!

Hi Tgg !

I didnt recieve today's email, but then again, I rarely recieve anything from Azamara. No matter how many times I ask, it doesn't happen.

Im confident the information you recieved, is what currently exists, and not the new pricing/amenities, effective April 1st. When it comes to Azamara's website, they are often behind the curve. However, they may be of the mindset, they do wish to confuse anyone who is sailing with them, between now and April 1st. I can understand this logic, but they need to get the word out, on the new enhancements. Speaking of which, where's the information on the New Loyalty program ? We should have details by now !

As April 1st is rapidly approaching, Azamara should create a gameplan for their website. At the very least, they should have a section which features the April enhancements. Right now, the information is either very limited, or hard to find. Not good.

When it comes to Azamara's website, they are often behind the curve. However, they may be of the mindset, they do wish to confuse anyone who is sailing with them, between now and April 1st. <snip> As April 1st is rapidly approaching, Azamara should create a gameplan for their website. At the very least, they should have a section which features the April enhancements. Right now, the information is either very limited, or hard to find. Not good.
Hi Host Andy ~ I agree. It's a bit of a mess.

I did receive the e-mail & all the links take you to the "old" section of the website. Only the News Room has the recent info on the "new" Azamara. I think Azamara is trying to present both the "old" and "new" info on its website, but unfortunately missing the mark on both. I'm OK because I read CC but countless others are likely confused by the conflicting info.

Time to get it together Azamara. Your future client base demands better! :rolleyes::rolleyes:

we just got off 24 days on the Quest; we ate extensively in the specialty restaurants; there was always, but only, a $5.00 surcharge per person, whether you call it a tip or not; none of our dinners was "complimentary", suite or no. it was still worth every penny,

I still don't get the push to collect $5.00pp. Although not a lot, I hate having to sign a slip as not used to doing this on a ship. It does make it not complimentary.

Hi Maryann !

That's how I read it also. If you deduct the current $5.00 PP Gratuity, it's actually costing $10 PP more than it does now. For such an outstanding meal and service, I feel it is still a bargain. This type of meal would cost significantly more... into the hundreds of dollars, if you dined at a comparable land-based restaurant !

With that said, I will continue to add a Gratuity, should excellent service be offered, but that is a personal preference.

With the removal of gratuities, and the introduction of wine and soda for free - we estimate we will save about $1000 on our onboard spend.

I for one, have no issues with paying $15 instead of $5 for a superlative dining experience.

Archived