how does this back to back cruise thing work?

giddy2travel

we were on glory last week and one woman on there has been cruise for 36 weeks or something crazy like that and many were on back to back cruises so how does this work...

how are so many of you cruising every other month I want in....

just so curious...:confused:

we have done 3 back-to-backs and they book you in the same cabin if they can..you get off between cruises to clear customs and get a new sign and sail card, then right back on usually 20 to 30 minutes and then you are on the ship with just the other b-2-b cruisers till they start letting new passengers on...It's a great way to do two cruises and only pay airfare once and do both a eastern and western...they have the same shows the second week and it's a great week to just relax....try it and you will be hooked.....Dennis

My wife and I just returned from B2B cruises on the Liberty and we highly reccomend it. Not only do you get the same room if available, but you can request the same seating assignment for your second cruise if you want to stay with the same dining staff.

It also gives you an opportunity to try things in the dining room you didn't get to try the first time around.

The main shows were the same, but the comedians and hypnotist were both different so it was a good variety. It isn't that uncommon either, when we did our B2B's there were about 20 other people doing the exact same thing. We were off the ship and back on in about 30 minutes and basically had the ship to ourselves for about an hour before everyone else came aboard.

usually Haloween...this summer I will cruze to Spain/13 days..on HAL..get off, spend one night in a hotel, get on Costa Concordia for a week, and fly back to Florida..just for something diff.. I cruze about 9 times a year..some just 2 wks apart..what ever strikes me..but I have certain criteria that I follow..and for the last 3 yrs..they are all about the same dates..I see a pattern there..in the pricing mode, so I get the best value for my bucks..get ugged often, and enjoy the ride

We did a B2B in Alaska on a Celebrity ship and a B2B in Europe this past summer on NCL. We informed the front desk that we were B2B and we were able to get our new card first thing in the morning on the last day of the first cruise. We were then able to get off the ship with the other passengers and enjoy the port. We just had to make sure to be back on the ship in time to sail.

We loved these cruises so much that we are scheduled on a B2B on the Splendor of the Seas this summer out of San Juan. The two weeks have different itineraries. We can hardly wait!!

wow this is very cool to me...

so when you get your tickets you just book it then and is it the same price for the second week or cheaper or more or what?????:confused:

I might have to try this out the more shore excursions the better I say..

thanks

The prices are whatever you see on the Carnival site, no discounts. The discounts come in I park at a hotel and they park my car for the whole time. Only have to get to the port once.

You also get a B2B gift most times I hear. We got champagne and a really nice fruit basket on Conquest. Triumph gave us chocolate covered stawberries which I enjoyed trying.

The emplyees will recognize you from the first leg and say hello more readily, hey welcome back and whatever. Its nice.

Archived