Please Pray for my son

rotu

My son 16 year old son, Robert died in a car wreck Tuesday in Richardson, Tx. I am posting here because he loved cruising, especially on the Royal ships. His favorite cruises were on the Rhapsody when it was in Galveston and the Grandeur when it was in N.O. I read Cruise Critic almost every day, although I rarely post, I still feel like part of the Cruise Critic community and wanted to share with my fellow cruisers. I ask everyone to please say a prayer for Robert.

Thank you, Rob

There are no words that I can provide that will be of any help, Just know that my heart is with you and your family, Rob.

I lost my own 21 year-old daughter in a car accident in 1996 and I know all too well what you are feeling.

My son 16 year old son, Robert died in a car wreck Tuesday in Richardson, Tx. I am posting here because he loved cruising, especially on the Royal ships. His favorite cruises were on the Rhapsody when it was in Galveston and the Grandeur when it was in N.O. I read Cruise Critic almost every day, although I rarely post, I still feel like part of the Cruise Critic community and wanted to share with my fellow cruisers. I ask everyone to please say a prayer for Robert.

Thank you, Rob

ROTU

I am so very sorry for your loss,My son inlaw just lost his mother last week ,and the holidays make these things more difficult to deal with .My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

Dear Rotu,

No words can express the sadness I feel for you and your family. I am truly sorry and hope that you continue to seek support, like you did this Christmas morning. I hope that you realize that by posting your message of such deep sorrow, you have given this group of posters a wonderful gift: to remember that family is the most precious thing in our lives.

You are in my prayers, Laurie

Rotu, I am so sorry for your loss. I can't imagine how hard this must be.

I will pray for the Lord to give you peace and comfort.

Your son was a wonderful young man that accomplished so much. I'm sure he was a wonderful inspiration to all that knew him.

May God bless and keep you comforted in His arms.

ROTU, I am so sorry for your loss. I saw the story on the news. I lost my dad in a car accident almost 5 years ago. From what his friends were saying, he was a spectacular kid who will truly be missed.

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

Thank you, Rob

Consider it done...and may God bless you also.

Rev

All my friends and family have just left my house and I am alone for the first time today. I am feeling unbearable pain. Then I started ready all the beautiful replies from my Cruise Critic friends and I suddenly feel better. Thank you everyone for your prayers, you are truly a God send.

Rob

I am sorry to hear about the loss of your son. A couple of weeks ago I buried my aunt who loved cruising and RCI as well and turned me on to this fascination.

Keep your head up your son is in the loving arms of our Father. Just remember that God will comfort you through this tough time. Hang in there and keep on going and God will take that pain away.

Rob

Can't imagine what your going through right now. I have been, and plan on continuing praying for your, your son, family & friends as you go through this tragic time. One of my close friends perished at the age of 14 in a car accident, and I couldn't wrap my head around it at the time. It may seem like happiness will never come again, but please know that in time hopefully a sense of peace will prevail.

God bless you, stay strong & have faith

John316

Rob

Sorry for your losing your son so unexpectedly.

It sounds like he was enjoying life and gave you many memories to cherish.

What you are going through is every parents nightmare.

When you think you are ready consider trying to do something for the school, community, church etc in his name....something that he had an interest in and would be proud to have his name associated with. I have heard from parents that have lost children that it is very rewarding and helps the healing process to make their memory live on in such a positive way.

CC has some of the greatest people so glad you reached out and posted about your son here.

God bless you.

Laura

Thank you for your prayers. I'm sorry to post on Christmas day. Everyone is asleep in my house and I didn't even realize it was already Christmas. If its OK I would like to tell you about Robert. He was a kind, sweet kid that everyone loved. He was about to become an Eagle Scout. He was company commander in his high school ROTC and was talking to Congressman Sessions about attending West Point, although his true love is the Arkansas Razorbacks. He wore a Razorbacks shirt nearly every day. He was a member of the National Junior Honor Society and he was a Dallas Mavericks Ball kid. Robert will be truly missed by a lot of people.

My thoughts and prayers are going to you and your family. May the Lord watch over you all now and forever and ease you through this most painful time.

Robert sounds like a wonderful son, a son you are proud of. He is a gift from God to you. Remember all of the good things, and most of all, remember he is always going to be with you in your heart and in spirit.

He is now in the hands of our Lord.

GOD BLESS YOU AND YOURS.

Robert,

I am so very sorry for the loss of your son. I am a high school teacher and lost a student in a similar accident last year and was torn apart. I can't even imagine the pain if she had been my child. You son sounds like he is a very special young man, and for God to take him so early, He must have some grand plans.

Archived