Europe Airpore and Cruise Transfers

We will be on the Rotterdam VI from October 24 through November 3rd, staying in Venice 2 nights pre-cruise, and flying to London for three nights post-cruise (we have the hotels booked independently, and Holland won't give us the transfer in Lisbon to the airport because the ship arrives at 8:00, and our flight is at noon - please tell me if I am mistaken, but shouldn't four hours be more than enough???).

I require a series of transfers:

Venice Maro Polo to the Hotel Daniele (Venice)

Hotel Daniele to Port in Venice

Lisbon Port to Lisbon Airport

Heathrow to Hilton Park Lane

Hilton Park Lane to Heathrow

Any advice on how to best arrange transfers, whether I should shop independently in each country, whether there is a broker who can handle the entire booking, whether I need to delay my flight from Lisbon) are all greatly appreciated. Also, we are a party of four adults with quite a bit of luggage. Thank you all in advance.

We will be on the Rotterdam VI from October 24 through November 3rd, staying in Venice 2 nights pre-cruise, and flying to London for three nights post-cruise (we have the hotels booked independently, and Holland won't give us the transfer in Lisbon to the airport because the ship arrives at 8:00, and our flight is at noon - please tell me if I am mistaken, but shouldn't four hours be more than enough???).

I require a series of transfers:

Venice Maro Polo to the Hotel Daniele (Venice)

Hotel Daniele to Port in Venice

Lisbon Port to Lisbon Airport

Heathrow to Hilton Park Lane

Hilton Park Lane to Heathrow

Any advice on how to best arrange transfers, whether I should shop independently in each country, whether there is a broker who can handle the entire booking, whether I need to delay my flight from Lisbon) are all greatly appreciated. Also, we are a party of four adults with quite a bit of luggage. Thank you all in advance.

Probably best to arrange them all separately...here are ones we have used..

From the ship to Hotel Daniele - you can take the water bus- to St. Marco it drops you off almost in front of the hotel. This would be the cheapest way. The hotel can send their boat ( email and see) but probably charge something like 60 or more EURO..

You can also water taxi that too is pricey.

Hotel Daniele to airport ( I think you mean)- probably water taxi to airport since no cars ).. you can get a taxi or have a car meet you at the port area -but you would then have to water bus or taxi to port and then get a car.. seems like a lot of work so water taxi would be most direct to airport from your hotel.

Here is transfer company we use in Venice if you want to check:

http://www.venice-limousine.com/

Lisbon port to airport( they also do touring if you want tours) here are two

http://www.toursforyou.pt/

http://www.sunnytours-pt.com/

London:(transfers)

http://www.alphalimos.com./

I thank you so much for all the great information! I am actually going from the Daniele Hotel to the Cruise Port in Venice to meet the Rotterdam VI for our cruise on the second transfer in my list. I am going to check the Hotel for transfers since I trust them to get us there, and we are concerned about public the water taxis given we will have been flying all night, and have a great deal of luggage. Again, a million thanks!

I thank you so much for all the great information! I am actually going from the Daniele Hotel to the Cruise Port in Venice to meet the Rotterdam VI for our cruise on the second transfer in my list. I am going to check the Hotel for transfers since I trust them to get us there, and we are concerned about public the water taxis given we will have been flying all night, and have a great deal of luggage. Again, a million thanks!

We did a post cruise stay in 2001 at the Danieli. We sailed Renaissance Cruises and had to make our own water taxi arrangements from cruise pier to the hotel. However, the hotel did make our water taxi arrangements from the hotel to the airport. Would be interested in finding out from you if Danieli was willing to make your water taxi arrangements from hotel to cruise pier and how much they charged. Good luck, and thanks in advance for your response.

Hotel Daniele is quoting 170 euros (about $220.00) each way. At the rate the dollar is falling, I think we might be able to buy the boat! :eek:

We'll keep our fingers crossed - was the transfer Daniele provided reliable? Since we're being picked up at the airport first after a lengthy overnight flight, we will be travel weary and loaded with luggage - at that point we will just want to get to a soft bed. I'm concerned because autoeurope.com quoted $370.00 US (I prebooked with them but have plenty of time to cancel with no pentaly) and we were wondering why the prices swing so wildly. Thanks in advance for any wisdom you can lend here.

Hotel Daniele is quoting 170 euros (about $220.00) each way. At the rate the dollar is falling, I think we might be able to buy the boat! :eek:

We'll keep our fingers crossed - was the transfer Daniele provided reliable? Since we're being picked up at the airport first after a lengthy overnight flight, we will be travel weary and loaded with luggage - at that point we will just want to get to a soft bed. I'm concerned because autoeurope.com quoted $370.00 US (I prebooked with them but have plenty of time to cancel with no pentaly) and we were wondering why the prices swing so wildly. Thanks in advance for any wisdom you can lend here.

Wow! We were at the Danieli about four years ago and we paid about 47E a piece for our transportation (hotel to airport). We only had a one night post cruise stay at the Hotel Danieli. Right after we checked in, we reserved our hotel-airport boat transportation. We were asked what time our flight was and was told to be down in the Lobby with our bags by a certain time. We stored our bags by the boat entrance of the hotel and waited in the lobby. When the boat arrived, the bellmen loaded our luggage and we took our places on the boat. We arrived at the airport without any complications.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived