Liberty is awaiting my arrival in less than 30 days....

hlb76

Anyone have any tips it tricks of what to expect or look for my my cruise. We are doing the Eastern. San Juan and St Thomas will be new for us.

Liberty never seems to get the reviews that other ships have. Maybe that is good news as no news is good news? I tend to read more and more reviews about how this ship stunk, or my cruise was ruined for this. I dont see lots of reviews like that on Liberty!

All I know is I am more than ready to leave the snow and freezing rain behind for some fun in the sun!!!

I enjoyed the heck out of our cruise on her. We did the same itinerary that you guys are taking.

I only have one big piece of advice to share: If the lido buffet is crowded, the upstairs area is usually not too bad. That is also where the Fish and Chips counter is. I don't know whether folks just don't know that they can go up there, or if they just don't want to walk upstairs.:eek:

I enjoyed the heck out of our cruise on her. We did the same itinerary that you guys are taking.

I only have one big piece of advice to share: If the lido buffet is crowded, the upstairs area is usually not too bad. That is also where the Fish and Chips counter is. I don't know whether folks just don't know that they can go up there, or if they just don't want to walk upstairs.:eek:

I've heard of this fish & chips area & am trying to get a handle on where it is. Are there 2 levels to the lido buffet? I take it you aren't saying some dining area on the next higher deck?

There is a 2nd floor to the indoor Lido dining room area. There are stairs inside of that area that lead to the 2nd floor where the Fish and Chips are located. It really is less crowded up there as either people don't know about it, or are too lazy to walk up the stairs to sit up there.

Now on to some advice, don't miss the Morning show hosted by Butch which airs on channel 13 on the in room TV as well as on the Lido Deck TV, it's an easy way to win something or stay informed. I won my wife a free spa treatment by calling in and answering a small trivia question. You can also write a dedication that Butch will read on the show, and from my experience, he reads every dedication written to him. If he reads the dedication you get a letter and bottle of champagne delivered to your room, thanking you for your contribution to the morning show.

The "teams" as of 12 Dec 09 were floors 1 and 2 Red Team, Floors 6 and 7, White Team, and floors 8-11 Blue team...

Don't miss Wonderful Life and Just Rock, both excellent production shows and although the male lead singer has no range and looks out of place on stage, the female lead singer is fabulous.

If you would like to look at the capers from the week we went (Beginning of Dec) let me know and I will scan then early next week so you can get an idea of what to expect in terms of activities.

Also, I am assuming you are going to HMC as well, Carnivals private island, and if so, I reccomend paying the 225 to get the private cabana. Well worth the money. just book it right when you get on board and try to get the higher number cabana if you want to get away from the crowds. We were in number 8 and had very little people around us and still only a 2 min walk from the food.

Let me know if you have any more specific questions. I can honestly say, sailing on the Liberty was the best cruise I have ever been on. It was a fabulous experience.

If you would like to look at the capers from the week we went (Beginning of Dec) let me know and I will scan then early next week so you can get an idea of what to expect in terms of activities.

I'm not the OP, but I would LOVE to see recent Eastern capers from Liberty if you get them scanned.

Thanks, William!

I would love to see capers. Its always fun to get a heads up on what to expect.

We have been to HMC before. I love that place. We did get the cabana last time we are debating doing it again. We are traveling with another family last time we where at HMC they where with us. This time they are bringing there kids as well. They are a little torn on if they want to spend the $$ or not as the kids will prob want to be in the water more than the cabana. We all loved having it but did not use it all that much but was nice to have a place to call our own as well as the perks of having one.

Archived