San Juan Flight Departure Time

abenaki

Is a 10:05 departure from SJU too early to risk? Arriving SD on a Sunday in San Juan. We have always had much later connections, but we would prefer to escape San Juan quickly this time.

thanks

It can be done ... You have to be off the yacht around 8. Traffic on Sunday morning to the airport is close to non-existent.

Just be sure to let SD know your departure time.

Is a 10:05 departure from SJU too early to risk? Arriving SD on a Sunday in San Juan. We have always had much later connections, but we would prefer to escape San Juan quickly this time.

thanks

I hear it can be done, but I would say you are pushing -- we were off the ship and through customs with our luggage by 8:45, but the airport was a zoo! I know SD does its best to get people off the yacht asap when they have tight flights but you are putting your fate in govn't employees. 15 minutes to the airport. We paid a porter and were flying business class so we cleared baggage screening in 10 minutes from the minute we got out of the taxi and got through security in another 15.

FT

It can be done. We easily made a 9:45 am (after Delta moved our flight itinerary up weeks before our trip) on a Friday but we were nervous all week about making it. So, it can be done, as long as everything goes just right. FT is right. Let the Captain or Activities Director know your flight times when you get on board. Don't bother calling Miami in advance, they have little control over the arrival of the vessel/TSA/Customs, etc.

Jim.

We made a 10:10 flight with a good hour to spare. The purser handles all the customs and immigration and was most helpful in making sure we were one of the first gorups off.

My guess is that with the recent change in security we should all build in at least an extra hour to clear security now . . . even our little airport here in GSO is taking an additional hour based on news reports this a.m.. I am so grateful I have no business travel in the next couple of weeks.

FT

My guess is that with the recent change in security we should all build in at least an extra hour to clear security now . . . even our little airport here in GSO is taking an additional hour based on news reports this a.m.. I am so grateful I have no business travel in the next couple of weeks.

FT

We surely timed our trips right in light of current events. We, also, are glad to not be traveling internationally in the near future. Do have a Mid January trip to PHX, but that is usually well controlled anyway. Come on SD, sail from Pensacola, FL.:D

Echoing my DW, IMO anything before noon out of SJU is going to be very iffy right now. The news reports are saying be at the airport at least two hours early for domestic travel (SJU to the mainland is domestic). The earliest you can expect to be at the airport is around 9:00 a.m. Plan on taking until at least 11:00 to clear security, which to me means no flights before noon. :(

We surely timed our trips right in light of current events. We, also, are glad to not be traveling internationally in the near future. Do have a Mid January trip to PHX, but that is usually well controlled anyway. Come on SD, sail from Pensacola, FL.:D

Hey Jim, they can use Mobile, or NO or even TPA or Galveston :)

Hey Jim, they can use Mobile, or NO or even TPA or Galveston :)

Heck, we would even drive to Ft. Lauderdale/Miami. The only real downer on any SeaDream trip is crawling back on the airplanes. What a drag. Even worse from Europe. Would love to be able to just drive home. If we could, we would take more voyages. Spend the money with SD, not the airlines.

J.

Archived