Time Changes

Carole_T

Hi everyone, this is my first posting so hope all goes well! We are going to Mexico in January on the Sapphire Princess. I've booked an excursion on my own. We need to check in at 8 a.m. The ship states it docks at 7 a.m. I understand there is a one hour time difference. Can anyone tell me if the ship changes time while at sea? Don't want to pay for an excursion we wont be in port to attend!!! Thanks for any help

We are going to Mexico in January on the Sapphire Princess. I've booked an excursion on my own. We need to check in at 8 a.m. The ship states it docks at 7 a.m. I understand there is a one hour time difference. Can anyone tell me if the ship changes time while at sea? Don't want to pay for an excursion we wont be in port to attend!!! Thanks for any help

If there's a zone-related time change, it's announced in the Patter beforehand and is observed shipwide. The folks I've booked onshore excursions with are aware of cruise-related time matters, but you might want to check it out with the company you booked with just to be sure.

Hi everyone, this is my first posting so hope all goes well! We are going to Mexico in January on the Sapphire Princess. I've booked an excursion on my own. We need to check in at 8 a.m. The ship states it docks at 7 a.m. I understand there is a one hour time difference. Can anyone tell me if the ship changes time while at sea? Don't want to pay for an excursion we wont be in port to attend!!! Thanks for any help

Yes, the ship will change time and it will be stated in the Patter. Your steward will also leave a reminder card on your pillow.

We did this cruise with Princess in 2008, and the ship's clocks were moved ahead one hour the first night out of LA, and then stayed on that time until the final night of the cruise (I think). In Puerto Vallarta, the ship's time and local time varied, as PV was in the Central Time zone, and the ship was on Mtn. Time zone at that point. That was the only port with a difference between the two.

for your sapphire sailing, the ship's time will change sun night into monday morning (+1hr) and revert back fri night into sat morning before you dock back in LA. and like others have said... it will be stated in your daily patter, and your cabin steward will usually leave a note card on your bed w/ your evening chocolate saying there is a time change.

Archived