Destiny or Fascination?

I was all set to book Destiny this summer until I read about the propulsion issues, followed by the sewage smells :eek:, which seems to be reported in quite a few threads and reviews on cc. Those are two major negatives so I have been looking for other options.

I read that Fascination is going to get several upgrades during dry dock (water works being the most appealing).

While weighing the pros and cons, it seems like the big issue is Grand Turk. Destiny has GT as a port of call, while Fascination doesn't stop there and instead has a 2nd sea day.

It appears that Grand Turk is the port that Destiny can't make if there are propulsion issues, so my first question is, "Is Grand Turk skippable?" Half Moon Cay and the Nassau (for Blue Lagoon Dolphin Encounter) are most appealing which is why the Fascination itinerary would work.

My second question is, "Are there enough onboard activities for 2 fun days at Sea so that I don't miss not stopping at another port?"

Thanks in advance for your help!

I prefer Fascination.

1. We drive to the port and Jacksonville is a shorter drive. I like Jaxport better than POM.

2. We like the Fantasy class ships.

3. We like the porthole cabins on Upper or Main Deck. Forward but not as forward as porthole cabins on Destiny and with cabin decks below and above.

4. We have been to Grand Turk, but I can't say I prefer it to a day at sea.

I was all set to book Destiny this summer until I read about the propulsion issues, followed by the sewage smells :eek:, which seems to be reported in quite a few threads and reviews on cc. Those are two major negatives so I have been looking for other options.

I read that Fascination is going to get several upgrades during dry dock (water works being the most appealing).

While weighing the pros and cons, it seems like the big issue is Grand Turk. Destiny has GT as a port of call, while Fascination doesn't stop there and instead has a 2nd sea day.

It appears that Grand Turk is the port that Destiny can't make if there are propulsion issues, so my first question is, "Is Grand Turk skippable?" Half Moon Cay and the Nassau (for Blue Lagoon Dolphin Encounter) are most appealing which is why the Fascination itinerary would work.

My second question is, "Are there enough onboard activities for 2 fun days at Sea so that I don't miss not stopping at another port?"

Thanks in advance for your help!

I like the Fascination, but I enjoyed the Destiny much more, I was on her before the propulsion problems, as far as on board activities, I don't do many, I'm more of a quiet part of the ship kind of person:D relaxing, relaxing relaxing!!!. I think you would do well with either ship.

I have not been on Destiny but I was on Fascination in October and booked her again for April. I'm looking forward to the renovations and like going out of Jacksonville. I have been to Grand Turk and personally I would just as soon have another sea day. As far as having enough to do on sea days I guess that just depends on what you enjoy doing with your free time. I've always found something to do and I enjoy those times when I do nothing at all except soak up the sun, listen to the music and have a cold drink in hand.

One thing that makes me like sea days more than port days, is there are a lot more activities going on, on the ship. Port days you are on your own.

I like the sea days a lot usually (did have one lately where I got sea sick, I guess I could have done without).

I'm actually look at booking Fascination. Half Moon Cay is awesome! It's a fine saw for Grand Turk. And if the other port on Destiny is Ochos Rios, I'd take Fascination and Nassau any day.

I vote for Fascination, especially with the dry dock. I sailed Destiny in November and there were issues.

Archived