8410 or 8412? - OUR OTHER RM IS 8407

castle701

We have never had an aft cabin and currently have 8410 booked for my husband and son. We also have my older son in an interior 8407. In looking at the pictures everyone has posted, I think I am more confused. 8412 is now available and I am wondering which is better now - 8410 or 8412. Are the cabin sizes exactly the same? Does anyone know which balcony is bigger and which is shadier? Am I understanding also that 8410 does not have a slider but 8410 does?? Any imput would be so appreciated.

The cabins will be exactly the same...Keep 8410..it has a deeper balcony than 8412. Don't know about the sliders...sorry!8410 is a corner aft, so you'll be able to see towards the side of the ship as well as aft.

As far as sun, it will depend on the direction you're headed in relation to where the sun is in the sky....

We have never had an aft cabin and currently have 8410 booked for my husband and son. We also have my older son in an interior 8407. In looking at the pictures everyone has posted, I think I am more confused. 8412 is now available and I am wondering which is better now - 8410 or 8412. Are the cabin sizes exactly the same? Does anyone know which balcony is bigger and which is shadier? Am I understanding also that 8410 does not have a slider but 8410 does?? Any imput would be so appreciated.

Keep #8410....#8412 has a connecting door with RFS #8414...I would always avoid any cabin with a connecting door (possible feeling of a lack of privacy and noise) JMHO...Enjoy your cruise...

I believe that I read somewhere that 8410 vs. 8412 has somewhat of an obstructed balcony view. Check RCCL website to be sure. That is the sole reason why we dropped that corner aft but won't know for sure if it was a smart move until we set sail.

Castle,

I agree with 99Florida. 8410 maybe slightly wider but it does have an obstruction due to the steel superstructure on the back of the ship. We sailed on liberty in had rooms 8414 and 8412 and the balcony is plenty big enough for two and it will have two lounge chairs as well. The connecting door was not a problem, we never heard a peep from my sister and friend who stayed in 8412.

Here is a picture looking towards 8412(person leaning over the rail). Notice the steel above curving back in towards 8410. 8410 does not have a sliding door and it likes to slam shut (we had friends in that room before)

I would go with 8412.

Dave

PC191417.jpg.91dd21d99e7dac61d2302511bac5c367.jpg

• Like 1

Castle,

I agree with 99Florida. 8410 maybe slightly wider but it does have an obstruction due to the steel superstructure on the back of the ship. We sailed on liberty in had rooms 8414 and 8412 and the balcony is plenty big enough for two and it will have two lounge chairs as well. The connecting door was not a problem, we never heard a peep from my sister and friend who stayed in 8412.

Here is a picture looking towards 8412(person leaning over the rail). Notice the steel above curving back in towards 8410. 8410 does not have a sliding door and it likes to slam shut (we had friends in that room before)

I would go with 8412.

Dave

Dave,

Thank you for your reply - glad to find someone who is familiar w/ those exact cabins. Are cabin sizes the exact same - we have our teenage son w/ us. Which of the two actually have the largest balcony? Which has the least amount of sun? Also our oldest son is in 8407 which is the end interior and the reason we originally picked 8410. My husband and I are going to talk it over and see if we should make the switch - hopefully the cabin will hold until tomorrow.

Renee,

If the cabins are different size, I could not tell. The balconies again are identical. If you look at the picture you will see that none of the balconies have any overhang over them. So they will not have much shade at all if the sun is directly behind the ship. 8410 may get more shade due to the steel structure coming in at the corner but you lose some of ocean view from the room because of the door differences. Again I would go with 8412.

We have cruise about 20 times with RCL and have been booking AFT cabins for the last 6 cruises once we found out how nice they are with the large balconies.

dave

• 7 years later...
Castle,

I would go with 8412.

Dave

Are you actually in can on 8412 in the pic or the person leaning over is?