Car Rentals in leHavre France

wadswatcher

Does anyone know if there is an English version of the rentacar.fr website for making on-line reservations?

Thanks!

Use Google Chrome - normally it should appear a bar to offer a translation to English.

Or you use the translator...

Or you keep it very simple...

You write them an e-mail in English - what I did - and it worked and we had our car waiting for us there.

"Rent A Car Le Havre" <le_havre@rentacar.fr>

Their answer was in perfect English.

Regards

HeinBloed

Use Google Chrome - normally it should appear a bar to offer a translation to English.

Or you use the translator...

Or you keep it very simple...

You write them an e-mail in English - what I did - and it worked and we had our car waiting for us there.

"Rent A Car Le Havre" <le_havre@rentacar.fr>

Their answer was in perfect English.

Regards

HeinBloed

HeinBloed --

I knew I could count on you :D! Thanks for the quick reply...will go the route you did via e-mail (thanks, too, for the e-mail address).

K

My husband & I will be arriving in Bordeaux in Sept on X. We will be there for 2 days, and would like to rent a car. I would like to know if there is a car rental near the Celebrity docks?

Also, are there parking facilities close to the port for over night?

Thanks.

The problem with cruising into Bordeaux is that you first need to find out exactly where your ship will dock. There are quite a few different places they can go along the river (on either side) and until you know for sure there is no way to be sure you are booking at the closest rental car facility. We faced the same issue about 1 year ago when we docked in Bordeaux on the Prinsendam. We finally decided to just reserve a car at the train station and we then used public transit to get from our docking area to near the station.

Guess I should add our weird experience related to that docking in Bordeaux. The Prinsendam was able to arrange a docking location right along the sea wall that fronted a large grass strip/park and within 150 feet of the street. The French port folks had brought a small crane and their own gangplank up to this unusual docking area. When they tried to put their gangplank into place it would not fit because part of it hit a large steel fence mounted along the lawn. One of our crew went out with a wrench to remove a few pieces of this fence and was stopped by the french workers and police. They said we would have to wait for a "unionzed" port engineer to come from one of the nearby port facilities. It took more then 40 min until that man arrived and he quickly removed a few bolts to open up the fence :). The joys of France :)

Hank

Archived