ajagent

Not sure it's just Air Tran. The San Juan airport was a zoo when we

flew out back in March. The lines were backed up outside the doors

to get into the airport. Once inside you have to go thru a line to have

you luggage screened separately, then go to another line for your

flight. What a mess. Our flight was not until 1 and we just barely

made it.

I highly recommend luggage express thru Carnival. I think Air tran is

on the list. You will save yourself lots of time and frustration.

I just read a review that talked about how terrible Air Tran was at the San Juan Airport for the return trip. Any Thoughts or experiences????

Prob get more information on the Cruise Air forum...

We have flown AT out of SJU and did not have any major issues. If you are flying out on Sunday, which I am assuming you would, as Victory is the only Carnival ship stationed currently, you will have longer lines.

The AT counter is not staffed, but an hour or so before scheduled flights, so you can be rushed if there are several people in line. We got to the SJU Terminal early and waited in line without reps for about 1.5 hours.

We did not have long lines to get through security, but those that arrived later had to wait. I would recommend getting into the Terminal at least 3 hours before your scheduled flight. Just my 2c

We flew AirTran when we had our cruise out of San Juan this past February. We had no problems at all with them. Even when we departed the cruise, still had no problems. Yes, there were lines everywhere, even out the door, but when 3 cruise ships unload all their passengers and about 3/4 of each go to the airport?!?! Talk about a mess. Just have patience is all I can say.

we flew airtrans and its not just them its all the airlines from san juan really slow get there early and you have to now go through the fda check at the airport before you check bags they used to do it at the ship as you get off but no more

with all the new airport problems 3 hours early might not be bad idea we were 2 hours early last sept and we had probally 30 minutes to spare but we didnt do the fda thing the way we were suppose to

have fun great ship and place to stay

any questions feel free to ask we have done this 3 times

scott

I just read a review that talked about how terrible Air Tran was at the San Juan Airport for the return trip. Any Thoughts or experiences????

Flew out of SJU last week. Other than the agriculture inspection it is just like any other big US airport. AirTran was two gates down from us and they seemed to be on the ball and had an on time departure.

Thanks guys. We are flying out on Sunday and I guess we will just get there early and hope for the best!!!

Just a heads up, we flew before the mess on Christmas eve. Security rules have changed since then. Try not to press the time issue, leave yourself at least 2, and preferrably 3 hours before your flight. (Another hint, when you get there, pay a porter to take your bags to the USDA clearance station and then let him check them for you. The day we were there the line was well over 200 people, but the porters get to go right to the front. The $30 I gave that guy for our 8 bags was well spent.)

Archived