Flight into FLL but cruising out of Miami - Hotel ??

sayvan

Can anyone provide me with some information on a good hotel near the Port of Miami (if possible with a shuttle from the airport and then to the port)? We will be arriving in FLL pre cruise and will want to stay near the embarkation port.

Thanks for any help anyone may be able to offer.

Can anyone provide me with some information on a good hotel near the Port of Miami (if possible with a shuttle from the airport and then to the port)? We will be arriving in FLL pre cruise and will want to stay near the embarkation port.

Thanks for any help anyone may be able to offer.

If you're wanting to stay in downtown Miami which is near the port of Miami, the Holiday Inn and Intercontinental are popular choices. The Intercontinental is 4* and very nice. HI is pretty old and shows it, but more affordable. I would avoid the Continental. I haven't stayed there, but have heard some hair-raising tales about that one, although it is about the cheapest place downtown. Either the Intercontinental or HI are within easy walking distance of the Bayside Marketplace. That is an open air shopping and restaurant area overlooking Biscayne Bay (you can google bayside marketplace to see what's there).

Happy cruising. :-)

Downtown Miami is close to the port and is an easy taxi ride. Have you arranged your transfers from FLL to Miami yet? I don't know of downtown Miami hotels that have free shuttles to the port. Most people grab a taxi since it is pretty affordable.

Unless you are determined to stay in downtown Miami, your best bet is to stay in Ft. Lauderdale - cheaper hotels, nice beach, lots of dining options - and then catch a shuttle to POM the next day - SAS is suggested by many on these boards (www.ridesas.com). Good luck!:)

Thanks for the Info ... I have opted for the Homewood suites in Ft. Lauderdale. They have both a shuttle from the airport and offer a Miami Cruise package that gets you to the port.

Thanks for the Info ... I have opted for the Homewood suites in Ft. Lauderdale. They have both a shuttle from the airport and offer a Miami Cruise package that gets you to the port.

I can't find this offer on their website. Would you mind sharing where you found it, and the price. I'm in the same position as you for my Spring Break cruise! Flying in/out of FLL, cruising from MIA. Thanks!

I can't find this offer on their website. Would you mind sharing where you found it, and the price. I'm in the same position as you for my Spring Break cruise! Flying in/out of FLL, cruising from MIA. Thanks!

I found this information on this website:

http://homewoodsuites.hilton.com/en/hw/hotels/specials.jhtml?ctyhocn=FLLARHW

Look under Hotel Specials at the top right and it's called the Cruise Miami Package. It states that it will provide one-way service to the POM for $20 a person.

Did you find out if they offer complimentary shuttle from the airport to the hotel?

I see the price for Jan 23/24 is 269 +

Also, what time do their shuttles leave in am to get to port?

I suppose I could call, now couldn't I ?!?!

I'm thinking this might be a better option that what I've got booked.

Procrastinator problem child here. We are staying at the Quality Inn in Hollywood cruise on Liberty Sat AM. Any idea where to look for transport from hotel to Miami. It looks like all vans on SAS site. We are traveling from Seattle via Chicago to Fll, will be tired and grumpy. Any suggestions? PS. we can early embark cause we cruised the San Fran cruise last year (grin)

Same here - flying into Ft Laud and sailing from Miami.

269 is a lot.

I booked Holiday Inn in Miami for around $150/night - even if the cab ride is $100 from Ft. Laud to Miami that is still cheaper than the $269 package.

Did you find out if they offer complimentary shuttle from the airport to the hotel?

Can you be more specific about which hotel you located?

Its the Homewood Suites by Hilton Its actually called the Homewood suites Ft. Lauderdale Airport/cruise port/ Its about 5 min from the airport has a 24 hours shuttle from the airport and you can get the Miami cruise package which includes room, Dinner (depending when you arrive obviously) breakfast and Transportation to the port of Miami.

Sorry for the delay in getting back. I found it on the Hilton Web site and you look at the Homewood Suites section. I actually called the 1-800 number for Hilton just to make sure I wasn't missing anything. Its a bit pricey perhaps but for us we arrive late the night before and the hotel is close..its brand new from what I understand and we would have paid at least $70 for transportation from FLL into Miami anyway (4 of us).

It work's out to about 199 for the room and about $69 for the transportation to the Port of Miami ... I called because I always find you get a better rate when you actually talk with someone. If I had AAA I would have got an even better deal. I was told that when you check in you tell them what time you want to leave for the Port and they arrange a car for you at or around that time.

And yes 24 hr shuttle from airport to Hotel

Its the Homewood Suites by Hilton Its actually called the Homewood suites Ft. Lauderdale Airport/cruise port/ Its about 5 min from the airport has a 24 hours shuttle from the airport and you can get the Miami cruise package which includes room, Dinner (depending when you arrive obviously) breakfast and Transportation to the port of Miami.

Their web site doesn't mention dinner. Is that something mentioned to you over the phone?

Thanks for this. We're in the same boat. No pun intended.:rolleyes:

Their web site doesn't mention dinner. Is that something mentioned to you over the phone?

Thanks for this. We're in the same boat. No pun intended.:rolleyes:

Yes... we have stayed at the Homewood suites before... they call this the Welcome home reception and usually run it between 5-7ish. Its not like a sit down menu meal but more of a light buffet style with some salad pasta, sometimes burgers etc with drinks and some kind of light dessert.... unfortunately we wont get in until late so we will be missing this....

I was searching for the same thing and ran across this post. I just found this Embassy Suites Miami International package , so I came back to post to help some that are looking for the same thing...

Embassy Suites Package $209 for 2 adults. All 2 room suites.

Great for us, since we'll be traveling with 3 kids.

http://embassysuites.hilton.com/en/es/hotels/specials_detail_popup.jhtml?ctyhocn=MIASPES&promoId=102470001

(copied from site)

Your Cruise package includes the following amenities:

• Round trip airport transfers. Additional child fee $12 each
  • One-way transfers to the Port of Miami (drop off only)
  • A two room suite which includes a wet-bar that has a microwave oven, mini-fridge and coffee maker
  • Complimentary Cooked-to-Order breakfast each morning
  • Complimentary Manager's Reception* every evening
  • Complimentary Fitness Center and Gym
  • Complimentary Business Center

We're flying into Ft. Lauderdale the day before our cruise and plan on getting a transfer to Miami.

I haven't booked this yet, since I just found it....and being the bargain shopper that I am...I need to find the best deal before I commit. This one does look good, though. I really like the 2 room suite, so the kids are in the family room on the pull-out and we have our own room. We'll all sleep better that way:)

I was searching for the same thing and ran across this post. I just found this Embassy Suites Miami International package , so I came back to post to help some that are looking for the same thing...

Embassy Suites Package $209 for 2 adults. All 2 room suites.

Great for us, since we'll be traveling with 3 kids.

http://embassysuites.hilton.com/en/es/hotels/specials_detail_popup.jhtml?ctyhocn=MIASPES&promoId=102470001

(copied from site)

Your Cruise package includes the following amenities:

• Round trip airport transfers. Additional child fee $12 each
  • One-way transfers to the Port of Miami (drop off only)
  • A two room suite which includes a wet-bar that has a microwave oven, mini-fridge and coffee maker
  • Complimentary Cooked-to-Order breakfast each morning
  • Complimentary Manager's Reception* every evening
  • Complimentary Fitness Center and Gym
  • Complimentary Business Center

We're flying into Ft. Lauderdale the day before our cruise and plan on getting a transfer to Miami.

I haven't booked this yet, since I just found it....and being the bargain shopper that I am...I need to find the best deal before I commit. This one does look good, though. I really like the 2 room suite, so the kids are in the family room on the pull-out and we have our own room. We'll all sleep better that way:)

I noticed that the location of the hotel is in Miami and not Fort Lauderdale. When they say Airport transfers do they mean from Miami International or from Ft. Lauderdale as well? If they pick you up in FLL this would appear to be a good deal as you are looking at at least an $80 ride into Miami from FLL.

I noticed that the location of the hotel is in Miami and not Fort Lauderdale. When they say Airport transfers do they mean from Miami International or from Ft. Lauderdale as well? If they pick you up in FLL this would appear to be a good deal as you are looking at at least an $80 ride into Miami from FLL.

I believe that the transfer is only from Miami airport. Since reading good things about http://www.ridesas.com, I was going to have them transfer us from FLL to the Miami Hotel. I sent them an email for pricing information.

Originally, I was looking for a hotel with a free shuttle service from the Miami hotel to the Port of Miami in the AM for the cruise.

Since my post I have done more research...

Most hotels that I spoke with that have the complimentary transfer from the hotel to the Cruise port seem to do this transfer only 3 times. Unfortunately, the earliest I found was 10am.... WAY too late for me!

If I'm already there... IN a hotel.... IN Miami...I want grab a couple donuts on the way out and then eat breakfast on the ship! :D

Also, getting in late afternoon on the plane the day before the cruise and heading straight to a hotel...I want FOOD! Many hotels don't have restaurants and I won't have a car.

I am also looking only at hotels that have the 1BR suites, so my kids can be in the living area on the pull-out sofa.

So far, I think Embassy Suites in Miami has the 1BR AND a restaurant AND free breakfast. The only bad thing is that all rooms open to the atrium, which gets reviews of being VERY loud....and I need my sleep. It is $161 with Advanced purchase, so maybe I can sacrifice...take some Ambien and wear ear plugs...LOL!

I will schedule my own transportation, since it will get me to the port faster.

I believe that the transfer is only from Miami airport. Since reading good things about www.ridesas.com, I was going to have them transfer us from FLL to the Miami Hotel. I sent them an email for pricing information.

Originally, I was looking for a hotel with a free shuttle service from the Miami hotel to the Port of Miami in the AM for the cruise.

Since my post I have done more research...

Most hotels that I spoke with that have the complimentary transfer from the hotel to the Cruise port seem to do this transfer only 3 times. Unfortunately, the earliest I found was 10am.... WAY too late for me!

If I'm already there... IN a hotel.... IN Miami...I want grab a couple donuts on the way out and then eat breakfast on the ship! :D

Also, getting in late afternoon on the plane the day before the cruise and heading straight to a hotel...I want FOOD! Many hotels don't have restaurants and I won't have a car.

I am also looking only at hotels that have the 1BR suites, so my kids can be in the living area on the pull-out sofa.

So far, I think Embassy Suites in Miami has the 1BR AND a restaurant AND free breakfast. The only bad thing is that all rooms open to the atrium, which gets reviews of being VERY loud....and I need my sleep. It is $161 with Advanced purchase, so maybe I can sacrifice...take some Ambien and wear ear plugs...LOL!

I will schedule my own transportation, since it will get me to the port faster.

I still think that the hotel in Ft. Lauderdale gives you the better deal when you break it all down. There are 4 of us and I called SAS and they told me it would be at least 80 for the 4 of us to transfer from FLL to Miami. When you figure in a tip your looking at maybe 90. That now puts you at $251 and if you add in the $12 for each of your kids you add an additional 36 your now at $287. They also have the 1-2 bedroom suites... we ended up with a 1 bd room suite with 2 Queens and a pullout couch.

We paid after taxes just over $300. You get transportation from airport and to the port and your at the hotel within 5- 10 minutes. I like that convenience myself.... anyway... good luck with your search....

Archived