credit cards

gosport11

hi all inspite of ticking,crossing out and hiliteing our express boarding pass,we were still charged in uk pounds,the conversion was done by celebrity in the uk ,we asked to be charged in us dollars as our card gives a very good rate and no commision

We were also assured on board that the charges would be in dollars on card,the bill showed dollars and a rotten exchange rate,but no conversion otherwise i would have queried it then, im so cross at the momement that our request to be charged in dollars was ignored :mad::mad::mad:

I know, this keeps on happening and RCCL/Celebrity must be doing a cost/benefit analysis and conclude that the ill will generated is outweighed by the significant number of people who don't follow up or query this very deceitful practice. It amounts to an extra revenue stream for them but I wish they would stop it.

Every time I check the forms, highlight and mark with specific instructions to NOT convert and leave in US Dollars. I raised the roof with them last time when I mistakenly thought they had converted once again, only to find that they had made an erroneous $48 minibar charge. They graciously refunded the amount very quickly.

You will be able to get the difference refunded, but you will probably have to forward a copy of your credit card statement etc - not something you should have to be doing.

Hopefully if enough people express their feelings, RCCL and other cruise lines will refrain or be more vigilant. I'm not from the school of thought that this is accidental - it happens too often; I also don't feel that I should be trekking down to reception on the last night and paying the dratted thing off in cash just to avoid this.

hi all inspite of ticking,crossing out and hiliteing our express boarding pass,we were still charged in uk pounds,the conversion was done by celebrity in the uk ,we asked to be charged in us dollars as our card gives a very good rate and no commision

We were also assured on board that the charges would be in dollars on card,the bill showed dollars and a rotten exchange rate,but no conversion otherwise i would have queried it then, im so cross at the momement that our request to be charged in dollars was ignored

I’m disappointed to learn that this business of forced currency conversion by Azamara is still an issue. There was some discussion about it on this forum a few months ago that was brought to their attention. Azamara acknowledged the problem & resolved to do everything possible to correct it. Well apparently not enough. :mad::mad:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1064459

If your bill showed any conversion rates on it ie the $£ rate they had not applied your instructions. Contact the UK office - they will do a refund for you (and round it up a little as well) I know it is a hassle but you will helpo future cruisers as they need to be told every time they are getting it wrong as that is the only way that they will eventually sort their processes out

Sorry to hear this happened - hope you enjoyed your cruise

Archived