Offered Cat 11 to cat 12 for 500.

kamac56

I am leaning toward the fact that this is not such a grand deal but don;t want to miss out if some of you more knowledeable cruisers think its a good deal.

We have done an 11 before and enjoyed it but will always wonder if a 12 is worth it, and I know many will say its our choice if we want to pay that or not, but I value the opinions of the people on this board cause they know a heck of alot more than me!

Thanks ahead of time!:)

I am leaning toward the fact that this is not such a grand deal but don;t want to miss out if some of you more knowledeable cruisers think its a good deal.

We have done an 11 before and enjoyed it but will always wonder if a 12 is worth it, and I know many will say its our choice if we want to pay that or not, but I value the opinions of the people on this board cause they know a heck of alot more than me!

Not worth $500 for a bidet (if they have them on the Valor) and the little extra space... JMPO;) I would go for the 9A aft wrap myself :)

We had a Cat 12 on the Spirit and a Cat 11 (aft wrap) on the Pride. The Cat 12 was wonderful. It was huge.

I loved the aft wrap, and if that is what you have, I'd say save the money, because it is lovely. But, if it is a standard 11 with just a balcony, I'd definitely go to the Cat 12.

Depends on the ship and what cabin you already have. Also number of people you have in cabin.

Big difference between cat 11 and 12 on Fantasy Class. Not so much other ships.

I just went from an outside to an 11 on the Destiny for a 4 day for $ 190.00 p.p.

Tom in Long Beach.

We're on the valor conquest class we have suite 7233 cat 11 at this time and they offered 7289 or there abouts there are a couple in that are.

So exactly, what is the difference between the two cabins? And, where are each of them located on the ship? It might help us with our responses. And is that a $500 increase for each person or total? Two people sharing the cabin, right?

Sorry yes two people in the cabin, they are both on the empress deck just a few doors from each other. 500.00 total increase cost. The difference on the two is the size of the cabin and the balcony and thats it. As far as I know there are no other perks from cat 11 to cat 12.

Since you already have a suite or mini suite and you already have a balcony, then I would not pay the extra. For two people, a regular balcony cabin is plenty big IMO. Save the $500 and put it towards another cruise. That's the way I look at it. I think suites are a waste of

money. Just my opinion. $500 is way too much.

• 2 months later...
Tell them you will do it for $250 total and see what happens!

Check and see what the prices are online at CCL for your sailing. What is the online difference between an 11 and 12? If it is the same as Carnival is offering, there really isn't any deal there! Myself - I'd probably stay with the cat. 11 and keep the $500 for "other" stuff.

Archived