Wondering about the water temperatures, Voyager Feb 21 pools, Roatan, Costa Maya??

dixie54

Wondering if they will be warm enough to swim?? We were on the Freedom in October and the pools were freezing!:) Do they heat them?

What about Roatan and costa Maya? If the water is not warm this time of year, what do you reccommend to do at these ports??

Thanks for any info!

T

Wondering if they will be warm enough to swim?? We were on the Freedom in October and the pools were freezing!:) Do they heat them?

What about Roatan and costa Maya? If the water is not warm this time of year, what do you reccommend to do at these ports??

Thanks for any info!

T

The ocean water will be wonderful. :) It must be mid 70's.

BRRR! 70"s are too cold for this Texas girl! I just read this online about water Temperatures. Are you listening Royal Carribean?

"My recommendations are as follows: ''competitive swimming'' - the swim coach should determine the temperature ''hotels and resorts'' - 84 to 86 degrees is an ideal range ''athletic clubs or YMCAs'' - it depends on who they are catering to. If they cater to lap swimmers, 82 degrees is a reasonable temperature. For casual swimmers, near 84 degrees is better. Warmer than 84 degrees will be too warm for lap swimmers"

The water should be fine, the temp in the air will be mid to upper 80's. We visited Costa Maya in March a few years ago and I went in the water, it was great. I am a FL native so cold water and me do not happen, I wont go in the Atlantic before July because its just too cold.

If the sun is out and beating on the deck, the pools will warm up quickly---they aren't very deep!

Beaches--well, you're at Mother Nature's mercy on that one! I like seawater to be in the 80's before I venture into it--but folks from the north will go in the ocean when temps are as low as 60's---brrrrrr!

We were on the Voyager last February. Never go in the ship's pool, and usual not public pools, but I broke a rule last year and swam in the pool at Costa Maya. Great fun, but no telling what I was swimming in. :eek: Anyway, the water was cool to lukewarm.

In both Roatan and Costa Maya, the ocean and temperatures were warm.

I thought the water was very warm in mid March. I am also form Texas and don't like cold water. The pools/air was cold on the first sea day but after that really enjoyable. We did swim in a bay in Roatan, once we hit the drop off it was colder. In Costa Maya (well the beach in the town) there is a natural jetty so the water inside of it is pretty warm. Again when we went to the open ocean on the jet skis it was colder. Cozumel was super warm.

Hi Dixie, the water on our cruise on Voyager with you will be from 72 to 74 degrees. DH has a dive watch and its always been that on our Jan./Feb. cruises. He actually got in on Splendour, was the only one in around 10:00 embarkation day. They closed the pools after that due to water sloshing out of the pools but he had fun until then:D Too cold for me! Once we get down to Roatan they will be better, but still pretty cool, maybe around 78. Bearable.

Archived