Strange - balcony guarantees now available after no balconies available for months

Gaijin_Mom

So we're on Mariner 4/11/10 and I booked back in April. There have been basically no balconies available at all for the last six months. Over the last week or so there has been a cabin or two that has popped up as available. Now all of a sudden, there are E2, D2 and D1 guarantees available. But still no cabins available to choose. Is this strange or does this happen often?

As you get closer to final payment, cabins will become available since some people who have put down a deposit decide not to go on the cruise. RCI will also offer upgrades to diamond plus members, freeing up more cabins.

If the guarantee price is good and you don't have your heart set on the cabin you have, go for it. If you really want the cabin you have then I would stay put.:)

Something similar on Monarch earlier this month. According to the RCCL website all the deck 8 cabins were booked with the exception of 1 cabin that kept popping up from time to time. Then all of a sudden they had a great price for deck 8 guarantee. Go figure.

I called made the change. So they put me in the deck 8 guarantee pool. Don't know exactly how it happened - but I called and managed to get my original cabin back at the guarentee rate. :D

Archived