Michael's Club on Journey

Kini12

I found this on the Azamara website today. Seems like Michael's Club will now make use of piano and there will be drinks served. I don't remember seeing anything about this in the press release. I always think of this as the library, as it was on Renaissance and still is on Oceania.

Michael's Club

Soak up the sounds of a grand piano as you share an intimate nightcap in this locale. The rich tones and deep, welcoming chairs of Michael's Club make it the ideal place to savor a single-malt scotch or late-evening cordial.

I found this on the Azamara website today. Seems like Michael's Club will now make use of piano and there will be drinks served. I don't remember seeing anything about this in the press release. I always think of this as the library, as it was on Renaissance and still is on Oceania.

Michael's Club

Soak up the sounds of a grand piano as you share an intimate nightcap in this locale. The rich tones and deep, welcoming chairs of Michael's Club make it the ideal place to savor a single-malt scotch or late-evening cordial.

We look forward to checking this out when we board Quest on Saturday.:D

I believe that the space works very well as a library. Very comfortable and quite well stocked. It would be a shame to spoil it with a piano bar, 'tho to be able to have a nice scotch while reading sounds like a good idea.

The reason I posted this quote from the Azamara website is that it is new. Now, being a logical person, (and having taken 5 Azamara cruises) I assumed that this will be part of the "new" Azamara. Perhaps not. On past cruises, there has been a piano in the Library (sometimes) but no bar.

Wouldn't it be nice if someone from Azamara wrote a clear explanation about the changes. All I want is a summary about what is changing and when. Is that too much to ask? I thought we knew about the changes and then this thing about Michael's Club showed up.

Azamara could greatly increase its credibility by posting here. People have said that Azamara management is reading cruisecritic. But are they learning anything?

Rant over. Resume civilized discussion.:cool:

The reason I posted this quote from the Azamara website is that it is new. Now, being a logical person, (and having taken 5 Azamara cruises) I assumed that this will be part of the "new" Azamara. Perhaps not. On past cruises, there has been a piano in the Library (sometimes) but no bar.

Wouldn't it be nice if someone from Azamara wrote a clear explanation about the changes. All I want is a summary about what is changing and when. Is that too much to ask? I thought we knew about the changes and then this thing about Michael's Club showed up.

Azamara could greatly increase its credibility by posting here. People have said that Azamara management is reading cruisecritic. But are they learning anything?

Rant over. Resume civilized discussion.:cool:

I do so agree. It would be nice to know exactly what the changes are but it is a shame to alter the library which should be a quiet retreat for all to enjoy. I love piano/classsical music but keep it out of the library.

An elite lounge like the Michael's Club on Celebrity would be nice. The library location is nice, but it could be in other locations...like Cova Cafe or out on the rear deck.... or a small secton of the forward observation lounge. On our last cruise , we did attend private events in suite cabins. If you didn't get an invitation, you didn't even know it was happening.

Hi Everyone !

When I was on Quest, There was a Piano in the Library, which I never saw utilized. I agree that it's not a great location for a Piano. I hope that Azamara will find a better location to create a Lounge/Michael's Club-type experience.

Archived