Filling a blow-up pool for DD?

mobster75

Hello,

My DW and I are heading out on the Celebrity Summit in a couple weeks for a 7 night cruise with our DD (11 months). We're bringing along a small blow-up pool for her to enjoy as she won't be allowed in the pools and we're planning on sticking it on our balcony, but what's the best way to fill the little pool up?

I'm hoping the answer isn't using the ice bucket....

Thanks!

Can you pack a small bucket in your luggage? I was always able to fit a bucket by sticking some of the clothes in it (like some of the baby socks). Then you can use that to fill the pool. :)

And I have seen "ice buckets" mentioned before but they usually mean the disposable kind that comes with the "buckets of beer" specials. Or at least I would hope they meant the disposable kind. ;)

I want to know how you'll EMPTY a blow-up pool! Can't lift it! Can't throw the water over the side of the ship (those poor folks below you, and, it's against the law!)

Most folks will take their baby pools to the kid's pool area, fill it from the kid's pool, let baby splash, then, empty it into a floor drain....that's much better than on your balcony!

I want to know how you'll EMPTY a blow-up pool! Can't lift it! Can't throw the water over the side of the ship (those poor folks below you, and, it's against the law!)

Most folks will take their baby pools to the kid's pool area, fill it from the kid's pool, let baby splash, then, empty it into a floor drain....that's much better than on your balcony!

There's actually a "gutter" with a drain on the edge of almost all balconies. That's where most people say they empty it. Of course, if there's no drain, then they'd need to lug the water back to the shower in the same way they got it into the pool in the first place, which is generally using a small bucket. IMO, the balcony is a much better place than using it on the pool deck if there are lots of young children onboard. Finding a place that's out of the way and not a hinderance to other passengers can be problematic if the parents of 40 or 50 other youngsters are doing the same thing.

beachchick

Yep our balcony had a drain. And the little "pool" wasn't very large and not heavy when filled. If you click on the picture link below, you can "see" the drain near the edge of the balcony. We had a little sand pail to fill the pool up. But there's an ice pail in the room to use as well.

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2413/2256017671_0205b74c87_b.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Honest, a little pool for an infant? Just ask your steward for an extra empty ice bucket. A couple trips from the bath room and you will have the couple inches of water that makes a young one happy to splash in.

The balconies do have drains, just direct the flow. And avoid an over flow where it could hit the balconies under you. That might cause complaints.

You may not even need the pool since there is so many interesting things for you child to see on the ship.

Archived