Luggage Tag question

Beeeeeford

I already received my paper docs and luggage tags for my cruise Jan. 18th. Since then, my cabin number has changed. The RCI rep told me to just put the new cabin number on the tags I already have. I'm concerned because there is a bar code on my current tags and I'm not sure what it means. It's not my reservation number or the cabin number. Should I go with what she said or request new tags (which she said she could do). Has anyone just put the new cabin number on old luggage tags before? I just don't want any delay in getting our bags in the cabin.

You can wait until you get to the pier and put new tags with the correct room number on them. I am not sure what the bar codes are for--we got ours and I don't remember seeing them before this cruise, but I would imagine it helps them move the luggage to the appropriate area of the ship for faster dispersal at the beginning of the cruise.

I am sure that you would end up with your luggage either way--you don't hear of too many people who don't get their luggage. I am always amazed at how fast they get it to the room.

I know I"ll get the luggage either way, I just don't want to waste any time at the pier if I don't have to. I like to have "all my ducks in a row" before I leave for my trip.

if your tags are wrong maybe your docs are as well I would call RCCL back and request new ones

We had the same problem as we didnt like our first GTY and changed to another cabin

We called and are waiting for our new ones

I know I"ll get the luggage either way, I just don't want to waste any time at the pier if I don't have to. I like to have "all my ducks in a row" before I leave for my trip.

Your SetSail pass should include a page with an image of your correct luggage tags. You can cut this out and tape it over your existing luggage tags.

The barcode identifies the ship, sail date and your name that's tied into all of RCCI's records. Not unlike the bar codes on flight luggage stickers. Changing the cabin number with a black marker should not be an issue. It's done all the time with last minute changes. If you're unconfortable doing so, than have new tags printed when you get to port or print out from RCCI website.

The barcode identifies the ship, sail date and your name that's tied into all of RCCI's records. Not unlike the bar codes on flight luggage stickers. Changing the cabin number with a black marker should not be an issue. It's done all the time with last minute changes. If you're unconfortable doing so, than have new tags printed when you get to port or print out from RCCI website.

Thanks for the info on the barcode. That was the item I was concerned about because I thought it might have my old cabin coded into it. I can't print luggage tags from the website because I requested paper docs instead of e-docs. I called RCI again today and the representative had the same problem. Since I had paper docs the system wasn't going to let her reissue luggage tags. She changed them to e-docs and was able to then have them sent out to me. If I don't receive them in time, I'll just change the old tags.

We have the same situation for our cruise on Jan 10th and the D+ desk told us to do the same, no problem they are not able to re-issue tags if the originals were with paper docs.

Their system is only set-up to redo tags if you had E-docs on the first batch, so you can either white-out the original cabin or cross it thru with a marker, or get new ones at the pier. All three options will work and your bar code is tied to your actual reservation, not the cabin number as XXOOcruiser mentioned, plus don't forget to re-do your set sail pass.:)

Have a great cruise:)

How many do we get?

we have 5 in our room.

so would need about 8 - 10 tags.

:eek:

We got 3 tags per person on the reservation. You should be fine. If you do need more you could either photo copy then and then laminate them or just get extras from the porters when you get there.

Have a great cruise!

Archived