Diabetic - Info Please

The soda package includes all the fountain sodas- so yes, there are sugar free options. In particular, diet coke. I know they have sprite. I can't remember if they have diet sprite.

But like the previous poster said, the iced tea is also sugar free.

Some ships have diet sprite. I am also diabetic. Course they also have diet coke. We always buy a soda card. I think a can of pop last year was $3, but with the crazy economy who knows this year. When I get diet sprite it is about 1/2 can or less with card. Most times card pays for itself. Depends how much I drink. Don't drink alcohol, coffee or tea so it is just water or pop. I personally like the conenience of of the card.

We buy the soda card - my husband likes that. I don't like "fountain" diet sodas, so I usually bring the little Diet Coke plastic bottles and some Diet Dr Pepper. I do this on Carnival and Princess and had no problems getting it all on RCCL in December. They told me they allow "reasonable" sodas and water. I also carry something that says I'm diabetic (which I had to use on Carnival when they began banning all drinks brought on board and they issued me an exception).

Thanks everybody. Fingers crossed they have the Sprite zero as OH hates diet coke and isnt too keen on iced tea. Also he takes sugar free lemonade/Sprite as a mixer in spirits. Would take some on with us but we fly in to Newark night before cruise and stay in airport hotel overnight so wont be able to get to supermarket to pick any up. :)

Thanks everybody. Fingers crossed they have the Sprite zero as OH hates diet coke and isnt too keen on iced tea. Also he takes sugar free lemonade/Sprite as a mixer in spirits. Would take some on with us but we fly in to Newark night before cruise and stay in airport hotel overnight so wont be able to get to supermarket to pick any up. :)

there is a supermarket right next to the pier...perhaps your cab/car service would stop....it's called Stop and Shop. Very big, they have everything. It is to the right of the entrance to the pier..

http://www.stopandshop.com/our_stores/locator/store_details.htm?storeNumber=0853

i cabbed it over there on turnaround day when we did our back to back last month.

also, IIRC they did have sprite zero on the ship.

there is a supermarket right next to the pier...perhaps your cab/car service would stop....it's called Stop and Shop. Very big, they have everything. It is to the right of the entrance to the pier..

http://www.stopandshop.com/our_store...oreNumber=0853

i cabbed it over there on turnaround day when we did our back to back last month.

also, IIRC they did have sprite zero on the ship.

Thank you, thats brilliant. We will do this as we should have plenty time our transport is picking us up at our hotel at 10am. Then we'll have plenty of sugar free drinks for OH and I'll take the soda package for me. Thanks again.

Really enjoyed reading your trip review. :)

Hi

we are going on our first RCCL cruise in Feb on EOS and we are swithering whether to take Soda package or not. My OH is diabetic and we were wondering what soft drinks they serve that are sugar free?

Diet drinks soda can vary from cruise to cruise dpending on what the Bar Manager has ordered and what actually got delivered to the ship.

Suggest you wait to decide whether or not to buy the soda card after you have boarded and the ship has actaully left the dock. Reasons being :

1. You'll have chance to ask the bar manager first hand as to what diet sodas are avaivlabe.

2. Once the ship has actually left port and out to sea you do not pay sales tax on the card. If purchased while in port , sales tax for that port city wil be applied.

Archived