Spa question from experienced cruiser

OK...this is our 10th cruise and I'll admit it, we've NEVER used the spa! :eek:

I'm thinking about treating myself and my DH to some spa time, but don't really know what's what. Could someone be kind enough to tell me what the Cloud 9 is and what the "fee" for some of the stuff covers? Has anyone ever had a couples massage and would they do it again?

Why is the thalasoptherpy pool "different"? What are the benefits?

Thanks in advance! :)

I always use the free facilities (exercise, hot tub, steam room, sauna, etc) on all the ships. Just turn in your sail + sign for a locker key + it's returned NC when you return the key. It's also a great place to shave/shower/dress for dinner if you have several folks in one cabin. The view up there from the treadmills/ellipticals is GORGEOUS.

OK...this is our 10th cruise and I'll admit it, we've NEVER used the spa! :eek:

I'm thinking about treating myself and my DH to some spa time, but don't really know what's what. Could someone be kind enough to tell me what the Cloud 9 is and what the "fee" for some of the stuff covers? Has anyone ever had a couples massage and would they do it again?

Why is the thalasoptherpy pool "different"? What are the benefits?

Thanks in advance! :)

The Cloud 9 Spa is different from the Spas on the older Carnival ships (only the Dream and Splendor have it) because there are TWO different experiences they offer.

The first experience is the standard Spa massages, manicures, exercise classes etc that they sell on all the cruise ships. The types they offer and the prices are usually posted (or printed) in the Spa area. There are also "port specials" and "sea day specials" that are printed in your Capers every day.

The second experience is the "private" thalassotherapy pool, aromatheraphy rooms, saunas and cool down room that are INCLUDED if you book a "Spa" cabin. These cabins are not to be confused with a cabin that just happens to be on a deck "named" the Spa deck on the other ships.

This second experience can also be purchased for the length of the cruise, if you are not in a Spa cabin. They issue you a wristband that you wear when enjoying this experience.

I am NOT a Spa person at all. But I love the second experience. We have had a Spa cabin on the Splendor and the Dream.

Also in the Spa area is the gym, sauna or steam or both( depending on the ship), changing rooms and lockers that are absolutely free. On the Dream and Splendor ...the lockers are numeric. On the other ships, you have to have a key for the locker. You simply give them your Sail and Sign card until you return the key. There is no charge for the lockers.

The thalasso pool is like the mineral baths that people go to in Hot Springs, Arkansas and other areas around the country.

VERY relaxing!!

Enjoy!!!

• 2 weeks later...
I always use the free facilities (exercise, hot tub, steam room, sauna, etc) on all the ships. Just turn in your sail + sign for a locker key + it's returned NC when you return the key. It's also a great place to shave/shower/dress for dinner if you have several folks in one cabin. The view up there from the treadmills/ellipticals is GORGEOUS.

We will have 4 in our cabin on the Conquest Spa deck 2 are teen girls!, we plan on using the showers in the Spa. I found hours for the gym 6 a.m. to 8 p.m. and the beauty salon 8 a.m. to 10 p.m.

What are the hours for the showers?

I was on the Splendor in September and had a cabin in the spa category. I used the thalasso pool and thermal suite all but the last day and it was wonderful!!!!

I also had FOUR different treatments. I had the oxyderm facial (3rd time--loved it!), pedicure (sixth time--loved it), accupucture (and it worked!), and the best was the seaweed treatment with half body massage--oh my....oh my....ohhhhh my.......not cheap, but it was wonderful!!!!!! I even found some new items to buy that work and smell good!!!! Not cheap though.

Admittedly, it was my 40th birthday cruise so I went a little overboard in the spa, but it was my plan to indulge and pamper myself....

Remember, if you do choose to do a massage or other treatment, they will try to sell you some products and if you do not want it, just say no you don't want it or your budget doesn't allow it....I did say no to a few items but I did try two new ones and WOW, I'm hooked.......

I have been seaching all over and can't seem to find anywhere that tells you the prices of the various treatments and massages ect. for the spa. Can't anyone here give me a heads up or a linc to somewhere that may have them?

Thanks.

Archived