Of COURSE my search function is not working one day before I leave!

Can anyone tell me if I can just have my bf's suit drycleaned and pressed on board along with any other things that got wrinkled from packing? I wanted to do it as soon as I got to the stateroom so we would have it for formal night but I'm a bit nervous as to getting it back in time.... Also, does anyone know the prices for that?

Thank you! Last minute stuff, here I come :D

Can anyone tell me if I can just have my bf's suit drycleaned and pressed on board along with any other things that got wrinkled from packing? I wanted to do it as soon as I got to the stateroom so we would have it for formal night but I'm a bit nervous as to getting it back in time.... Also, does anyone know the prices for that?

Thank you! Last minute stuff, here I come :D

I always lay my tux out for laundry the first day of the cruise and have it back the next day in time for formal night. I quit dry cleaning and pressing before a cruise several years ago. The ships laundry does a great job at very reasonable prices. I haven't checked lately but at one point they were actually less expensive than using the dry cleaners down the road from our house.

On our last Med cruise I used the ships laundry midweek for regular items like shorts, slacks and shirts. We didn't have to pack near as much and the cost worked out to be about what it would have been to pay the airline baggage fee's for the extra bag. I plan on doing that again on our next cruise. Rather than taking three checked bags (includes the suiter for our formal wear), we'll take two checked bags and the rest will go into small roll-aboard carry on luggage. About mid-week I'll send enough clothes to the laundry to get us through the week and back home.

I always lay my tux out for laundry the first day of the cruise and have it back the next day in time for formal night. I quit dry cleaning and pressing before a cruise several years ago. The ships laundry does a great job at very reasonable prices. I haven't checked lately but at one point they were actually less expensive than using the dry cleaners down the road from our house.

Same here, we just pack the clothes dirty.

During the month of December (Mariner) they offered 50% off laundry/dry cleaning for Diamond members. It was a nice benefit -- in addition to the $25/bag special.

###

My last cruise I gave my suit to the room steward when we got our bags the first night he had it back before dinner the second night If you have early seating you might have to call to get it in time but no additional charge only for same day

I believe that if you get it in by 9 you can get it back by 5--obviously it doesn't work like that on the first day, but you get the gist. You'll be able to do it--don't worry. Have a wonderful, wonderful time and make sure to give us a report when you get back! Safe travels!

Archived