Help please Princess Cruisers

surfcarol

Hello Everyone,

I am in the process of putting together an application to become a Captain's Circle Host with Princess. I've been scouring the message boards online and it seems that a great number of people don't feel the Captains Circle program is up to snuff. It seems like there is often not a shipboard representative available to deal with questions and problems guests are having...

I am wondering if you all might help me by letting me know, ideally, what you expect from you Captain's Circle Host. It will help me a lot with the application.

Thank you so much,

Carol

(future host of lovely cocktail parties and future customer advocate for Captain's Circle members)

Biggest Complaint I have heard is from people that have not been credited with the right amount of cruises and have the wrong card or not getting the bar set up because they haven't been I.D'd as Elite. The host needs to be there on boarding day to help straighten this out since the pursers office says they can't take care of it. Their hours are not convenient for the passenger.

On the Tahitian Princess Cecilia(?) from South Africa always seemed available and also did some class/demo such as napkin folding and such on Sea Days. She is the greatest Captains Circle Host I have ever met.

I didn't get a sticker for my Princess passport book on our last cruise. Right now passing those out to past guests is a pretty important part of the job to me. Get the job and send me one please. ;)

Good luck!

As a Brit I have used both UK and US Travel Agents for my bookings. As a result I have TWO Captain's Circle membership numbers. The powers-that-be state they cannot be combined. Can you impress on someone at your interview (good luck by the way) that it would make sense for passengers to be issued with a universal membership number, regardless of the country from which the booking was made.

As things stand at the moment I have to visit the Captain's Circle Rep on arrival so that I can be given the perks commensurate with the number of cruises I've 'actually' taken.

PS: I don't think I've ever been given a sticker!!

Laura

I didn't get a sticker for my Princess passport book on our last cruise. Right now passing those out to past guests is a pretty important part of the job to me. Get the job and send me one please. ;)

Good luck!

Interesting.. I have received stickers on all of my cruises.. :D

The two main things to me that make a great Captain's Circle host are:

#1-Friendliness (we had one on the Tahitian Princess that acted like her dog just died and she wished we would go bother someone else who gave a s**t every time we talked with her). She seemed very bored with her job and that everyone was intruding on her when you attempted to ask a question.

#2-Knowledge of the Captain's Circle program and know where to turn or who to contact should there be a question or problem. (amazing how some in this position don't seem to know the least bit about the program)

and please keep posting suggestions, I really appreciatea it. I'm working on my application over the weekend...and I know I'll do the job well, it's just a matter of convincing the Princess Cruises recruitment department!!!

Oh, Cool Cruiser, I'm from Canada and the UK...dual citizen, but I'll be interviewing in Canada. I did see some Aussies on crew rosters as well though.

Cheers,

Carol

They go in this Passport Folde which is about the same size as an official US Passport. Each sticker is signed by the Captain of the ship you're on:

Captains_Circle_Passport_Cover.jpg.

Inside go the stickers, note the one missing from the last cruise! The bad thing is that I didn't realize it until I got home. I stood and talked to the Captains Circle Host in the Platinum Members Dismebarkation lounge and I bet she had a pocket full of them. I feel so dumb.

Captains_Circle_Passport_Inside.jpg

she was really guarded and was friendly in a fake sort of way. She couldn't figure out my parents' total number of days even though my dad gave her a complete list of Princess cruises he had been on. All she had to do was to double check with Princess' computer database. He even showed her the Elite/black cards he received on his last Princess cruise (the Royal Princess), the Diamond Princess Captain's Circle Hostess still took 3 days to change my parent's Platinum card to an Elite card. She made my parents feel they were trying to cheat her into getting Elite status treatment.

Then at the Captain's Circle party, my parents were suppose to be the 2nd most travelled passengers--that's what she told him when he called her to inform her that he couldn't make the party/award ceremony because he had made dinner reservation during the time the party will take place, but we went to the party and when she announced the most-travelled passengers, my parents were mentioned as the 3rd most travelled passengers.

She also had told my parents that their gifts will be delivered to their room since they couldn't make the party, but the gifts never came. The afternoon before our disembarkation, my dad asked me to go talk to the lady and asked about his gifts. She said she called them several times and since they weren't in their room, she didn't want to leave the gifts in their room. Then she said, here, I have their gifts right here. She took something out of a bag next to her phone. I feel bad to have to ask for this gift which turned out to be a crystal/glass paper weight. She made me feel like it wasn't my place to ask for the gift. But my dad was standing next to me and his English isn't very good (I think he was a little afraid of this lady), so I was just tranlsating what my dad wanted to convey to the lady. Anyways, I sure hope this was an isolated incident.

If you are genuinely nice and likes to please people, you'll have no problem doing well as a Captain's Circle hostess. With the computer system these days, it won't be difficult to figure out the number of days each past passengers have travelled. Do your homework and figure out before each sailing who is coming on board, especially those Elite and Platinum members.

People will know if you are genuine, warm-hearted, concerned about others--I think that is the key to being a successful Captain's Circle hostess.

Hope you are successful in getting this job!

Reecently took my fourth cruise on Princess. Went to Captain's Circle desk and asked for my sticker. No problem. However, my first cruise with Princess was to Alaska. I asked her if I could have a sticker for that. She said no because I wasn't a member of Captain's Circle until I completed my first cruise. Don't see why once you take that second cruise you can't get one for the first. It would then make your Princess book complete.

Reecently took my fourth cruise on Princess. Went to Captain's Circle desk and asked for my sticker. No problem. However, my first cruise with Princess was to Alaska. I asked her if I could have a sticker for that. She said no because I wasn't a member of Captain's Circle until I completed my first cruise. Don't see why once you take that second cruise you can't get one for the first. It would then make your Princess book complete.

What are the odds that you also post on the WW boards? I recognize the moniker and remember that you are from SC.

If you are one and the same, it seems the world-wide-web has become a "small world."

Chris

I have received stickers but why one per cabin when two people with diffrent names and diffrent status receive one sticker. I like the ones from the Royal from the mid 1990's that had the dates pre-printed on them.

good luck with the interview..you are on the right track by doing some "outside the box" research before hand.

This will be my third cruise with Princess (Sunday, January 30) and I've never received a sticker, don't know what they're for and what you get for having them?

You do not get anything for them other then memories of your cruise..

who really enjoyed collecting these stickers more than I did. Of course the kids weren't entitled to the Princess passports either (where these stickers go).

Anyways, I don't see why Princess should be stingy about these stickers.

I did receive a sticker for my last Diamond cruise, but I did not get the passport book to put them in.

Our host on the Diamond was always busy with many people waiting or just not there. Never did get to talk to her.

Archived